Big Dave
(02-20-2019, 10:15 AM)BombersFlask Wrote:
(02-19-2019, 11:21 PM)aj21 Wrote: The negativity that some folk have spouted toward him now has to stop. Man Utd fans are buzzing their tits off over Ole, we really should be more like them. He was a proper legend as a player, is clearly one of the nicest gents on the planet and he has without doubt bought that spirit back to the club at a time where there is massive uncertainty at boardroom level. We’ve a squad with kids, oaps and loan signings and we are challenging for promotion. So many relegated teams have failed miserably to put  toegther a promotion push with far more resources, Wolves even got relegated one year. Let’s really get behind him now.

He`s also been able to keep 80% of the clubs top earners ie Dawson, Hegazi, Gibbs, Livermore, Barry, Phillips, Rodriguez, etc
plus the 7 loan signings must of cost around 20 M  so please don't make it sound like he`s had to manage with his arms tied behind
his back.

Keep the top earners and then list Barry and Phillips in there, no one wanted them at the start of the season. Yes we held firm to keep some big earners but we lost Foster, Evans, Nyom, Mclean, Chadli, Gmac and Yacob but i presume you have forgotten about them. And before you laugh at Nyom - he would have been much better than Tosin and Mears playing right back for the first half of the season. That is a serious slashing to the wage bill and we bought three players in for transfers fees - only 1 had played in the Prem and that was Bartley who had barely played. You seriously have a short memory.
(02-20-2019, 02:09 PM)aj21 Wrote:
(02-19-2019, 11:21 PM)aj21 Wrote: The negativity that some folk have spouted toward him now has to stop. Man Utd fans are buzzing their tits off over Ole, we really should be more like them. He was a proper legend as a player, is clearly one of the nicest gents on the planet and he has without doubt bought that spirit back to the club at a time where there is massive uncertainty at boardroom level. We’ve a squad with kids, oaps and loan signings and we are challenging for promotion. So many relegated teams have failed miserably to put  toegther a promotion push with far more resources, Wolves even got relegated one year. Let’s really get behind him now.

He`s also been able to keep 80% of the clubs top earners ie Dawson, Hegazi, Gibbs, Livermore, Barry, Phillips, Rodriguez, etc
plus the 7 loan signings must of cost around 20 M  so please don't make it sound like he`s had to manage with his arms tied behind
his back.

Keep the top earners and then list Barry and Phillips in there, no one wanted them at the start of the season. Yes we held firm to keep some big earners but we lost Foster, Evans, Nyom, Mclean, Chadli, Gmac and Yacob but i presume you have forgotten about them. And before you laugh at Nyom - he would have been much better than Tosin and Mears playing right back for the first half of the season. That is a serious slashing to the wage bill and we bought three players in for transfers fees - only 1 had played in the Prem and that was Bartley who had barely played. You seriously have a short memory.
Depends on the way you want to look at it. 7 of the players who figured last night have played for us in the Prem, plus Holgate for Everton and Johansen for Fulham. That's an experienced team.
(02-20-2019, 02:14 PM)Only one real Albion Wrote:
(02-20-2019, 02:09 PM)aj21 Wrote:

his back.

Depends on the way you want to look at it. 7 of the players who figured last night have played for us in the Prem, plus Holgate for Everton and Johansen for Fulham. That's an experienced team.

But he didn't have them all season. Its an experienced team now - it hasn't been
(02-20-2019, 12:49 PM)Only one real Albion Wrote:
(02-20-2019, 11:59 AM)Hopalong Wrote:
(02-19-2019, 11:25 PM)Dumbo Wrote: Fucking spot on.

Why is he not getting the praise he deserves from the media?

Is it because he's black?
Perhaps it's all simply because we haven't achieved anything yet. We are 4th with an ex Prem squad. Let's pat people on the back when something has been properly achieved.

Something has been achieved......i give a shit again. And will continue to do so regardless of which division he leads us in.  Attacking football, great team spirit and extraordinary lack of ego.  Top man!
(02-20-2019, 12:55 PM)MGalea Wrote: Best post ever on this bored.

Big Dave can stay as boss for the next 20 years.

That’s just silly.
I've never heard anyone refer to Tony Pulis's Boro !
How many of the folks that are calling for Darren to get Moore recognition, also believe we have the best squad in the league? You can't have it both ways, can you?

He's performing well.  But he's hardly performing miracles, is he? He has deservedly received criticism this season, as we have played some awful football and dropped silly points, along the way. 

Saying that - if we were to go up as the top 2, he'd have exceeded my expectations.

Let him go under the radar, I like it when that happens. The longer he's with us, the better -  from a personal, I like Moore reason, and also the fact  stability at the club is desirable and will breed success.
Clarnet v2.0
(02-20-2019, 06:50 PM)KratosBaggie Wrote: How many of the folks that are calling for Darren to get Moore recognition, also believe we have the best squad in the league? You can't have it both ways, can you?

He's performing well.  But he's hardly performing miracles, is he? He has deservedly received criticism this season, as we have played some awful football and dropped silly points, along the way. 

Saying that - if we were to go up as the top 2, he'd have exceeded my expectations.

Let him go under the radar, I like it when that happens. The longer he's with us, the better -  from a personal, I like Moore reason, and also the fact  stability is in the club is desirable and will breed success.

I know exactly what you mean.

Do you?
(02-20-2019, 06:55 PM)DemonicBaggie Wrote:
(02-20-2019, 06:50 PM)KratosBaggie Wrote: How many of the folks that are calling for Darren to get Moore recognition, also believe we have the best squad in the league? You can't have it both ways, can you?

Let him go under the radar, I like it when that happens. The longer he's with us, the better -  from a personal, I like Moore reason, and also the fact  stability is in the club is desirable and will breed success.

Do you?

I don't even know.
Clarnet v2.0
(02-20-2019, 06:55 PM)DemonicBaggie Wrote:

Do you? 

Big Grin Looks like those instructions you get translated from Chinese