BoJo’s speech….
“the answer is not to attack the wealth creators, is to encourage them, because they are responsible for the aggregate increase in the country’s wealth that enables us to make this greater improvement and to level up everyone”

Is it more worrying that he believes that, or that he expects us to believe that? 

I’m sure it’s all tricking down somewhere.
Fed up of them being called wealth creators, they're wealth hoarders.
The difference is who we think the "wealth creators" actually are. I tend to think its the people who actually do all the work...
I thought his line that Labour's policy on drug crimes comes straight from the powder rooms of North London, was quite extraordinary. 

What is he suggesting?

And if he is suggesting what I think he is suggesting, blimey that's some front, considering what he and Michael Gove have said about their own use of drugs.
If people can't see through him by now then more fool them. On the other hand I have some magic beans for sale if they are interested.
Johnson and Farage must be two of the greatest Snake Oil Salesmen of all time ?

Does ANYONE actually believe a word he says ?
He blusters on about 'levelling up' yet nowhere is there any detailed, costed and measured plan to back anything up.
What a mad country we live in now.
My parents genuinely love Boris.

Yet dislike everything he's done as PM, it's so weird.
I've not listened to it all, just hearing snippets on the news. Thing is, and I'm no tory, Boris is a cheerful guy. He is good at chanting out slogans and looking optimistic. In the darkest days of lockdown even I was glad to see him back when he reappeared after getting covid and replaced Gove or whoever at the daily briefing. I think it's this cheery disposition (and careful hiring of speechwriters), that keep him popular. It certainly isn't substance or solutions. Of those, there are no sign. It is difficult to comprehend the paucity of serious opposition to someone so lacking in depth. Blair, Healey, Wilson, or even a young Beast of Bolsover would tear him apart.
How can anyone take him seriously
(10-06-2021, 04:15 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: I've not listened to it all, just hearing snippets on the news. Thing is, and I'm no tory, Boris is a cheerful guy. He is good at chanting out slogans and looking optimistic. In the darkest days of lockdown even I was glad to see him back when he reappeared after getting covid and replaced Gove or whoever at the daily briefing.  I think it's this cheery disposition (and careful hiring of speechwriters), that keep him popular. It certainly isn't substance or solutions. Of those, there are no sign. It is difficult to comprehend the paucity of serious opposition to someone so lacking in depth. Blair, Healey, Wilson, or even a young Beast of Bolsover would tear him apart.

To quote a football manager (Alan Durban) about entertainment (cheerfulness): if you want clowns, go the circus.