Match Thread
(09-28-2021, 08:54 PM)chasetownbaggie Wrote: WE'VE FUGGIN' WON ON A TUESDAY!!! 

Well played lads. Could have been an absolute hatful tonight if our decision making and finishing had been better.

Not a problem in the Champo pal - plenty over the years

It’s that stat in the top division that’s a problem - going all the way back to the mid 80s
(09-28-2021, 09:01 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
Jack Halford Wrote:
wba13 Wrote:
Jack Halford Wrote:Good win and a shame Hugil couldn’t get the ball round the keeper at the end for 5.

The band wagon rolls on….

There were times a better team would have punished us at the back but hell let’s enjoy being top of the league

Someone has to put a dampener on a great planB performance. 1great goal 1 absolute stunner and totally out played them. But credit to Livermore for getting back with the score at 1 0.

No dampener from me just being realistic as to how shit Cardiff were. We were very sloppy at the back a couple of times though and a better team would punish us. They didn’t and we got stronger and better as the game went on.

As I said let’s enjoy the goals the result and being top of the league.

Bit of a recurring theme here....

Yep, our fitness levels are great. It makes such a difference in all sports. It was typified by Semi’s sprint down the right wing at the end.
Enjoyable win, with 2 great goals.

The scoreline didn't flatter us in the end, but we did labour a bit between the first and second goal.

I will be in a minority of one on this, but I think we played better against QPR, had to they were a far better team than Cardiff.

This was one of those rare occurrences where from about the 55th minute victory was never in doubt, in fact I think there is an argument that the result was never in doubt, at any stage.

It felt like we have had a night off from our normal match day angst and that's a very good thing.
(09-28-2021, 08:31 PM)Peachy Wrote: Albion fans

It's happening again, it's happening again..... Mick McCarthy it's happening again....

Arf...

Just got home from working at Charlton and reading through this Match Fred.

This med me loff.
Couldnt watch the game but would have gladly taken a point there but to come away with 3pts ,4 goals a clean sheet and apparently not getting out of 2nd gear to do so, happy days. Seems like the team is evolving with each passing game and the so called spacegoats are making some look a little foolish now! Anyway onwards and upwards a result against DK's lot and it won't have been a bad 7days all in all despite the doom n gloom of some on here.
(09-28-2021, 06:53 PM)Duffers Wrote: Funny how a slice of luck can change things…

Grant proved at Charlton and Huddersfield he could score goals. His experience in the PL wrecked his confidence, but hopefully a but of luck where a keeper chucks one in and he’s revitalised.

And yet he did well in tbe Prem two years before it was Slav's obvious belief he could play the 9 as a lone striker that did for him.