Sorry, but this Manager ain't right for us....
the Players don't play for him out of respect for him, they play cos they'm shit scared of him imo ! Not good for a football club ! However we'm top of the League at the moment, and that can't be denied, and nobodys happier than me, but will it last ? I think not ! I watched Jimmy Morrison's face at the final whistle last night, while Val's cronies  were mobbing him,  Jimmy stood there taking it all in, and I thought yes, Jimmy you know the truth son, don't ya? The games changed, most footballers these days are wealthy young men, and won't  take too much bollocking.
  I hope I'm wrong, only time will tell.             ps Remember Jimmy Hagan's little kerfuffle  Wink .
Non stop effort by all till the final whistle says that's nonsense
(09-25-2021, 09:49 AM)ferencpuskas Wrote: the Players don't play for him out of respect for him, they play cos they'm shit scared of him imo ! Not good for a football club ! However we'm top of the League at the moment, and that can't be denied, and nobodys happier than me, but will it last ? I think not ! I watched Jimmy Morrison's face at the final whistle last night, while Val's cronies  were mobbing him,  Jimmy stood there taking it all in, and I thought yes, Jimmy you know the truth son, don't ya? The games changed, most footballers these days are wealthy young men, and won't  take too much bollocking.
  I hope I'm wrong, only time will tell.             ps Remember Jimmy Hagan's little kerfuffle  Wink .

The players pulled him out of the cut
I swear WBA fans are the types to panic buying petrol... must have also all gone to their head.
What a ridiculous thread.
(09-25-2021, 09:55 AM)Jacobthebaggie Wrote: Non stop effort by all till the final whistle says that's nonsense
Yes because they knew what was comin if we lost or drew again, o byethe way their goalie chucked the first in or had you conveniently forgot ?  Tongue
Look, he ain't going nowhere so get used to him. Four year deal, getting enough of a tune out of players he inherited to be very competetive in this division. Club has no cash to a) pay him off if things go badly, let alone when going well or b) to tempt another manager with a transfer budget. Young, had success, willing to work on a shoestring budget. May not be to everyone's taste but a fuggin site better than having a TITC, Pardew or Allardyce around the place.

And we may of had a bit of luck but last 15 mins the place was rocking and players weree buzzing and totally up for it. If we can replicate that period more often few will be complaining.
(09-25-2021, 10:00 AM)ferencpuskas Wrote:
(09-25-2021, 09:55 AM)Jacobthebaggie Wrote: Non stop effort by all till the final whistle says that's nonsense
Yes because they knew what was comin if we lost or drew again, o byethe way their goalie chucked the first in or had you conveniently forgot ?  Tongue

How's our keeper doing these days? You know the one you carped on about as rubbish and wasn't good enough for us. Or have you conveniently forgot that?
Yes and you'd know birdie Tongue

Not at all, I have stated on here several times how he's improved, however, I'm aware that we are in the Champ now not the Prem. Are you?
I like Val, and I like the style he's trying to implement. The issue is the squad aren't suited to the style, and they're struggling to carry out the pressing game to its full potential, and it's resulting in poor performances, like last night.

Some of the comments I'm reading on here, and on Twatter, are ridiculous. We're undefeated and top of the table, yet some folk are carrying on like we're bottom, without scoring a single goal.

Is it pretty? No. Is it frustrating, at times? Yes. But it's effective.

One thing is perfectly clear, for whatever reason, our fan base will get right on top of the manager should we lose a couple of games in a row.

It's quite sad.
Clarnet v2.0