Ben Foster
Bumped into him in Waitrose in Stratford on Sunday. Could you meet a nicer, friendlier bloke? Was a bit wary of going up to him at first, but eventually plucked up the courage. More than happy to chat, fist bumps galore when i told him he was the best keeper I've seen at our place since 1982, and keen to tell me his lad (who was with him) is a Baggie.
I know they must get this all the time - and probably more so a bigger "name" like Ben, but always amazes me how patient and good mannered they are...had exactly the same experience with Mozza when I saw him in the Bullring once. Surely they can't all be this "nice"?
Is he going to Watford?

If SJ gets his move I'd be tempted to structure a package for him. Only 12 mths left on his contract, and bench warming for them.
(08-17-2021, 07:26 PM)albion_take_coseley Wrote: Bumped into him in Waitrose in Stratford on Sunday. Could you meet a nicer, friendlier bloke? Was a bit wary of going up to him at first, but eventually plucked up the courage. More than happy to chat, fist bumps galore when i told him he was the best keeper I've seen at our place since 1982, and keen to tell me his lad (who was with him) is a Baggie.
I know they must get this all the time - and probably more so a bigger "name" like Ben, but always amazes me how patient and good mannered they are...had exactly the same experience with Mozza when I saw him in the Bullring once. Surely they can't all be this "nice"?

Foster is a class act. Always has been extremely down to earth. I've never met Mozza but friends have and all had a similar experience.
Great keeper, but in my opinion that ship has sailed.

Let’s just hope SJ signs a new contract.
Ben's mentioned a few times on YT and his podcast that he'll be following us when he finishes. He reckons he'll do a season in the MLS after this then he'll finish. Well worth a listen if you get chance.
(08-17-2021, 09:01 PM)Mr vertical Wrote: Ben's mentioned a few times on YT and his podcast that he'll be following us when he finishes. He reckons he'll do a season in the MLS after this then he'll finish. Well worth a listen if you get chance.

Living in Warwickshire, it was logical that he would follow us or Blues when he finished. Not much of a decision then, is it?