Crystal Palace
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58169609

It's not a "what's the point of Crystal..." thread.

New investor has just put £90m in, not sure how that works with FFP, guess they've just issued new shares or something?  Probably attracted to the London thing and "Viera being a name".

The bit that made me smile is this: 

"Over the past six months of discussions I have also developed a real affinity to Crystal Palace, its history, the staff and, of course, most importantly the supporters who create an incredible atmosphere at every game - one I cannot wait to witness again when supporters return to fill Selhurst Park this season."

How has he witnessed the the incredible atmosphere in the last 6 months?  People in football don't half talk some shite, bit of a worry when it's your new investor though.  They can almost afford Grealish now, I guess he's always wanted to wear Red & Blue stripes like Louie...
滚开赖
Been there pre-Covid as an opposition fan? Talks to take over only starting post-Covid?
Mr Lai gave me a scarf there.

Its a special place. With special fans.
baggiebloke Wrote:Mr Lai gave me a scarf there.

Was not my experience. I got soaking wet, we lost 3-0, Sir Gary signed his exit plan and put Inamoto on triggering a further payment. If there is a more grim experience following Albion, I never want it.
I saw Winston White make his debut there, late 90/91. I think that was against Charlton though, 1-1 maybe.

Been a couple of times and never seen us win, who was that quick kid we had on loan with the mohican style hair cut? We lost 3-1, that was the last time I went.

Bagged themselves £90m though.
滚开赖
It’s about time we got a fee for Nathan Ferguson ,anyone know what’s happening?
(08-11-2021, 06:50 PM)CA Baggie Wrote: I saw Winston White make his debut there, late 90/91.  I think that was against Charlton though, 1-1 maybe.

Been a couple of times and never seen us win, who was that quick kid we had on loan with the mohican style hair cut?  We lost 3-1, that was the last time I went.

Bagged themselves £90m though.

Scored the quickest Prem goal coming on as a sub, 18 seconds or something like that, Mbvuma or similar?

Ended up having a wrangle with William Hill after I lumped on Meggo’s sacking as soon as he brought on Inamoto, who at the time was about as fit as I am now

They tried to say the bet was placed after the announcement, prats, took me a couple of weeks to get my payout

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
Imagine Parish has been begging anyone he can find to invest into the club, they need some serious additional investment still into that squad despite spending a fair whack already this summer... Probably allows them to keep Zaha too, although I'm not sure who is going to pay the money they'd demand.

Outrageous that Zaha can be linked with £60-70m moves and Pereira went for less than £20m!
(08-11-2021, 06:53 PM)Mickyfudge Wrote: It’s about time we got a fee for Nathan Ferguson ,anyone know what’s happening?

Tribunal has taken place, just waiting for the verdict.
(08-11-2021, 06:34 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
baggiebloke Wrote:Mr Lai gave me a scarf there.

Was not my experience. I got soaking wet, we lost 3-0, Sir Gary signed his exit plan and put Inamoto on triggering a further payment. If there is a more grim experience following Albion, I never want it.
Stop whinging.  At least it didn't ruin your birthday as well.  The Van might have mentioned it once or twice.

Fugging birthday.  He was 60 that year and too many candles to blow out without oxygen.