Great article on Vals plans.
(08-05-2021, 10:38 AM)DJPunkRoc Wrote:
(08-05-2021, 10:26 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(08-05-2021, 10:17 AM)DJPunkRoc Wrote: "When I choose a player he must not drop below the average line. If they do, the question is are they injured or unfit, or do we need another one."

Needs to learn about how averages are calculated.

I think that was more interpretation of baseline rather than average.

Whilst I was joking, there have been a few things Val has said which have been well intentioned but misinterpretted.  Wonder if we'll see an interpretor at all?

Probably not. The players know what he wants, and ultimately that's what matters. People put way too much stock into what managers say in press conferences, most players know its mostly bollocks and mind games.
(08-05-2021, 10:17 AM)DJPunkRoc Wrote: "When I choose a player he must not drop below the average line. If they do, the question is are they injured or unfit, or do we need another one."

Whilst I was joking, there have been a few things Val has said which have been well intentioned but misinterpretted.  Wonder if we'll see an interpretor at all?
Most native speakers would need an intepreter/minder if that were to be the case.

Where's McDonough when you need him!
(08-05-2021, 10:08 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote: If he can get more from Sawyers by driving him, that'll be fantastic too. Up to Sawyers on that one.

Sawyers is going to be a great example of Val's philosophy - Work 'Ard for the team or we'll find someone that will.

However there is probably some limits for certain players - IE can they even hit the TOP SPEED etc... lucky for Val Branislav isn't still around - not sure he'd even break the BOTTOM SPEED limit.
(08-05-2021, 10:42 AM)hudds Wrote:

Most native speakers would need an intepreter/minder if that were to be the case.

Arf!  True dat.
I think we'd do better with the club running a simple comprehension / how not to wet your pants course for the fans.
A pleasing article to read obviously. Everything he says feels like what fans have been crying out for, for some years now. All that remains to be seen is how the players respond. Some, like Jake, seem to be fully on board (based on OS interviews) and may thrive under the system with a fire lit under their arse. Others, like Sawyers, may get cast aside.
Livermore has really bought into it, as have most of the squad apparently, including Sawyers. Grant and Zohore have really impressed too, Grant did a lot of fitness work off his own back in the summer, so that's certainly impressed Val.
He says the right things, most of the time and this is another example of that.

I personally can see Sawyers being a revelation this season, or maybe Ziz has hacked my account?! I actually think he will do well, or maybe it's just wishful thinking from me?

We dominated possession in most Champ games last time, so it will be interesting to see Six's version of it.

Guess we find out tomorrow.
(08-05-2021, 11:22 AM)MassDebater Wrote: He says the right things, most of the time and this is another example of that.

I personally can see Sawyers being a revelation this season, or maybe Ziz has hacked my account?! I actually think he will do well, or maybe it's just wishful thinking from me?

We dominated possession in most Champ games last time, so it will be interesting to see Six's version of it.

Guess we find out tomorrow.

Spot on Mass.

I don’t buy into the “hype” we need any more central midfielders.

Livermore, Mowatt, Sawyers with the “bonus” being Castro.

All we need is a No.9.

I expect chances for Ingram (back up to Furlong), Gardner-Hickman, Tulloch and Rico Richards.