Adam Reach
He’s scored some screamers. Hope he can thrash in a few 25 yarders here.
Strange signing consider the manager’s philosophy, Reach is not a player for closing down and putting in a challenge, Sheffield fans describe him as chickening out of challenges…….was this an Ismael signing or a club signing as he was free?
(08-02-2021, 06:34 PM)Stratfordbaggie Wrote: Strange signing consider the manager’s philosophy, Reach is not a player for closing down and putting in a challenge, Sheffield fans describe him as chickening out of challenges…….was this an Ismael signing or a club signing as he was free?

Every Wednesday fan iI know (all 3) say he covers more ground than anybody else in their squad.
I see Reach as a good bench player with serious championship nous. Capable of the odd screamer and a good cross he's never struck me as a massively aggressive player or one who likes to put his foot in. I think he's a very clever signing on a free and will do a job for us but I'm not going to say I'm bowled over by his signing. Mainly seen him play wide and drift infield when switched to the right to get his shots off. I'd imagine he will play understudy to Phillips and Grady.

Decent business but other areas are more pressing now.
(08-02-2021, 07:23 PM)Peachy Wrote: I see Reach as a good bench player with serious championship nous. Capable of the odd screamer and a good cross he's never struck me as a massively aggressive player or one who likes to put his foot in. I think he's a very clever signing on a free and will do a job for us but I'm not going to say I'm bowled over by his signing. Mainly seen him play wide and drift infield when switched to the right to get his shots off. I'd imagine he will play understudy to Phillips and Grady.

+1

The kind of Meh signing that will be useful cover and probably leave in a couple years and be mostly forgotten. If he’s anything else it’s concerning.

Solid backup, cheap, and will do a job at this level.
(08-02-2021, 07:23 PM)Peachy Wrote: I see Reach as a good bench player with serious championship nous. Capable of the odd screamer and a good cross he's never struck me as a massively aggressive player or one who likes to put his foot in. I think he's a very clever signing on a free and will do a job for us but I'm not going to say I'm bowled over by his signing. Mainly seen him play wide and drift infield when switched to the right to get his shots off. I'd imagine he will play understudy to Phillips and Grady.

Also a back up to Connor as a LWB
Ok cheap squad filler but not one to trouble to first eleven you would hope if we are serious promotion contenders.
(08-02-2021, 08:01 PM)EastMidsBaggie Wrote: Ok cheap squad filler but not one to trouble to first eleven you would hope if we are serious promotion contenders.

And what did a load of people say about Connor Townsend?
(08-02-2021, 08:03 PM)hudds Wrote:
(08-02-2021, 08:01 PM)EastMidsBaggie Wrote: Ok cheap squad filler but not one to trouble to first eleven you would hope if we are serious promotion contenders.

And what did a load of people say about Connor Townsend?

That + also howled a lot about "League One" and "No ambition". Wednesday have been in a mess for a long time, so we shall see.
I've always liked the guy. Good Championship player at a shit-show of a club. He'll be a useful player for us providing competition/cover for 2 or 3 positions. I get the feeling he'll come in handy.