Team
Pickford
Trippier Walker Stones Maguire Shaw
Phillips Rice
Sterling Mount 
Kane

I won't say I'm ITK but the bloke who told me has been right every game this far
Reported in the media that will be the team.
Keep it tight for 60 mins. Then put fresh legs and talent on as they tire.
southgate has nearly got it right all tournament so cant complain but i personally would have preferred the back four and saka playing.

i really think the italian defence would not cope with saka as well as sterling running at them.
I think a back 4 is widely considered the way to go against Italy, however in Gareth we trust.
(07-11-2021, 03:20 PM)foreveralbion Wrote: southgate has nearly got it right all tournament so cant complain but i personally would have preferred the back four and saka playing.

i really think the italian defence would not cope with saka as well as sterling running at them.

Totally agree.

I'd have started with the same team that started the Denmark game, but in Southgate we trust. (I reserve the right to say told you if it goes wrong though  Smile   )
I would play a back 3 against them too. But think we would be better with Sancho/Rashford in for Mount as on the break we could be lethal.
Would be strange to go back to 5 at the back, we only did this to match Germany, nit required v Italy considering their system.

Maybe time to unleash Grealish…….

Would keep Mount in as someone has to drop to minimise the time Jorginho has on the ball and he drops in the gap in front of the centre back, either this of Kane needs to drop. Spain stopped him as they had no natural centre forward, so their front player dropped to reduce his time and space, expect Gareth to do something to nullify him.

Also, need to exploit Emerson at the left of their defence, obvious weakness defensively.
I rather think that this Italy team would eat the Grease alive. Raw. Like sushi.