U23s are wearing the new kit today....
Yeah Fellows, don’t think a 3-4-3 suited him as he had to do a lot of tracking back in that wide right role, arguably a better winger with a full back behind him

Yeah number 5 was Joshua, couldn’t get a beer mat under his studs when he jumps for a header

Soule took the armband 2nd half and played central of the back 3, can’t remember his number 23 maybe? He powered that header over right at the death, proper no nonsense centre half

Ashworth played on the left of the back 3 alongside him

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
(07-10-2021, 09:21 PM)Cuzer Wrote: Yeah Fellows, don’t think a 3-4-3 suited him as he had to do a lot of tracking back in that wide right role, arguably a better winger with a full back behind him

Yeah number 5 was Joshua, couldn’t get a beer mat under his studs when he jumps for a header

Soule took the armband 2nd half and played central of the back 3, can’t remember his number 23 maybe? He powered that header over right at the death, proper no nonsense centre half

Cuzer

Yeah. Soule looked a solid, no nonsense player. Bit of a leader. Reminded me of Jack Fitzwater who I believe is now playing for Livingston in Scotland since leaving Albion last summer.
The number 8 (Jamie Andrews) looked decent.
(07-10-2021, 08:37 PM)MrFizz Wrote:
(07-10-2021, 06:26 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(07-10-2021, 06:21 PM)Supamart Wrote: It’s a fucking awful top, and how many times I see it won’t change my mind.

Fixed, but people will still buy it and wear it so they can look like their super heroes.

Bumped into a mate of mine today who was wearing it. I took the piss, but actually i thought it looked kinda okay in real life. Despite my initial hatred, it don't look too bad. Undecided

Saw someone with it on down Great Bridge Asda today.... Looks a nice top as football tops go, just a matter of getting used to it being Albion.
(07-10-2021, 09:29 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(07-10-2021, 09:21 PM)Cuzer Wrote: Yeah Fellows, don’t think a 3-4-3 suited him as he had to do a lot of tracking back in that wide right role, arguably a better winger with a full back behind him

Cuzer

Yeah. Soule looked a solid, no nonsense player. Bit of a leader. Reminded me of Jack Fitzwater who I believe is now playing for Livingston in Scotland since leaving Albion last summer.
The number 8 (Jamie Andrews) looked decent.

Yeah a proper throwback centre half, the type that would tackle his Gran to win the ball,  imagine him getting carded most weeks if he made the step up, loves a challenge

Never took to Andrew’s myself but we’ll liked by the coaches

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
I liked the look of the kit on the website pictures but not so much having seen it in real life now. The blue was a bit less navy than I would expect and I can see all the comments now about it "not being Albion".

The kid on the left of the front three in the first half - bloody hell. The physique of a weight lifter.

And Banbury must rank as one of the worst located football grounds out there, possibly only surpassed by Leamington.
(07-11-2021, 06:44 AM)baggie_ray Wrote: I liked the look of the kit on the website pictures but not so much having seen it in real life now. The blue was a bit less navy than I would expect and I can see all the comments now about it "not being Albion".

The kid on the left of the front three in the first half - bloody hell. The physique of a weight lifter.

And Banbury must rank as one of the worst located football grounds out there, possibly only surpassed by Leamington.

Free parking outside the ground and two mins walk from the train station.....I can think of much worse!!

Reading
Seal Park
Palace
Chester (it's in Wales FFS!!)
(07-11-2021, 06:44 AM)baggie_ray Wrote: I liked the look of the kit on the website pictures but not so much having seen it in real life now. The blue was a bit less navy than I would expect and I can see all the comments now about it "not being Albion".

Really? Dead easy. Not far off the motorway. Right ht next to the train station.

The Brakes are getting a new ground near Gallows Hill soon, still out of the way but at least it's walkable from Warwick and Leamington Spa train stations.
Down an industrial estate with nothing near it. Opposite direction to the town for us piss heads. Handy if going straight there from the station but I prefer to "warm up" in some local hostelries beforehand (and "warm down" after!).