Yokuslu linked to Albion by a Galician paper
https://www.farodevigo.es/celta-de-vigo/...47301.html

On one hand, they're based in Vigo.

On the other hand, they think we're from London...
Nothing to see here, sadly. Just a rehash piece saying West Brom will probably regret not agreeing the option to buy Vigo wanted to insert as other clubs in the PL are interested, and that based on how he played, the fee will be higher now.
(07-04-2021, 10:27 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Nothing to see here, sadly. Just a rehash piece saying West Brom will probably regret not agreeing the option to buy Vigo wanted to insert as other clubs in the PL are interested, and that based on how he played, the fee will be higher now.

All depends on the interest. Celta Vigo are keen to move him on either way. If there is interest from a team in the PL then they will take a reasonable offer as they can get more from a team in the Prem. if nothing comes of a Prem move, he’s still very much on our radar, we don’t think we’d have a problem with a fee or his wages but it is all about who’s interested in him.

He did seem to really enjoy his time with us so I think he would join, don’t think he’d join anyone else in the Championship.

Not dead but slim chance.
(07-04-2021, 10:35 PM)Lightnin Wrote:
(07-04-2021, 10:27 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Nothing to see here, sadly. Just a rehash piece saying West Brom will probably regret not agreeing the option to buy Vigo wanted to insert as other clubs in the PL are interested, and that based on how he played, the fee will be higher now.

All depends on the interest. Celta Vigo are keen to move him on either way. If there is interest from a team in the PL then they will take a reasonable offer as they can get more from a team in the Prem. if nothing comes of a Prem move, he’s still very much on our radar, we don’t think we’d have a problem with a fee or his wages but it is all about who’s interested in him.

He did seem to really enjoy his time with us so I think he would join, don’t think he’d join anyone else in the Championship.

Not dead but slim chance.

Don’t disagree with you Lightnin, we definitely want him and I’m sure he’d rather be here than frozen out in Vigo, we’ve just got to be patient and see if anyone higher up the food chain comes in first… I was just saying the article gives us very little new information.
For the record the reason there was no clause was purely down to Yokuslu himself who didn’t want any option to buy included in the contract, sounds like he may be regretting that now if he fancies the move
We pushed for it, and Vigo agreed to it

It’s now out to a third party, who will take a cut of course so it’s a bidding war now, which won’t help us

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
I still think this may happen. As good as he is, he didn’t do himself any favours at the Euros, which works in our favour.

Time will tell.
He was really poor at the Euros. Performed fantastically for 60 minutes of the first ten games with us then faded badly. By the end of the season I thought he had dropped to the standards of everyone else in an Albion shirt. It’s a meh, from me

Given the fitness levels required by the new boss, he would need to improve significantly
He was the main reason we improved. I’d like to know who we could afford that would be better at Championship level.
I don't know much about Mowatt, but isn't he basically the same type of player as Okay? Do we need both?
(07-05-2021, 10:24 AM)MassDebater Wrote: I don't know much about Mowatt, but isn't he basically the same type of player as Okay? Do we need both?

Mowatt is far more attacking minded, or he was at Barnsley last season.