Players buying in to new methods....
(06-29-2021, 01:17 PM)Lightnin Wrote:
(06-29-2021, 12:43 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(06-29-2021, 12:38 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: I think he's lucky with the number of players we have and the age of the squad that he's effectively able to shape the squad to what he wants. I don't think it will be a quick process, having a full pre-season is a good start but we might start slow like Norwich have done, but I doubt that there will be an issue with the squad buying in a la Pepe Mel. Also helps that he speaks good English.

Agree with this.

The fact he's coming in with a full pre-season and inheriting a squad that needs 5-6 first team additions means it will be much easier for him to stamp his authority on the dressing room than if he were to be joining mid-season.

I also don't think we have a problematic dressing room, they've just been given a very easy ride by Moore and Bilic... in their defence, they did improve fitness and workrate under Fat Sam, we just didn't have the quality or the managerial brains to get us out of the mire last year.

Getting Mowatt in and handing him the armband will definitely be a big first step...

(it also helps he's 6'5 and fugging massive...)

Is he? His Wiki says he's 5ft 10

Ismael... not Mowatt
If Val follows a similar plan to Leeds and plays our youngsters on a regular basis that will be a fantastic result.
We have only given our kids token appearances for a while now. Many need a good run to build confiedence and reduce nerves.
Odd games and late subs are just intro's - they need more.
Vals transfer activity will give us a clue of what/how he expects the team to look.
Some pictures of players coming in for covid-testing before pre-season on the OS. Whilst I don't think he should be in out first XI, Livermore looks in good shape tbf. would be good to have senior characters in the dressing room buy in, even if they're not always getting on the pitch.
(06-29-2021, 01:25 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(06-29-2021, 12:38 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: I think he's lucky with the number of players we have and the age of the squad that he's effectively able to shape the squad to what he wants. I don't think it will be a quick process, having a full pre-season is a good start but we might start slow like Norwich have done, but I doubt that there will be an issue with the squad buying in a la Pepe Mel. Also helps that he speaks good English.

Agree with this.

The fact he's coming in with a full pre-season and inheriting a squad that needs 5-6 first team additions means it will be much easier for him to stamp his authority on the dressing room than if he were to be joining mid-season.

I also don't think we have a problematic dressing room, they've just been given a very easy ride by Moore and Bilic... in their defence, they did improve fitness and workrate under Fat Sam, we just didn't have the quality or the managerial brains to get us out of the mire last year.

Getting Mowatt in and handing him the armband will definitely be a big first step...

Ismael... not Mowatt

Big Grin

Agree with this.

If he's 6ft 5 then I'm heading on 6ft 9! You're clearly mixing him up with Ivan Drago from Rocky 4.
Grant by the way has spent the summer holidays getting fitter apparently.

Hopefully a few of them have been doing the same.
(06-29-2021, 01:58 PM)ChamonixBaggie Wrote: Some pictures of players coming in for covid-testing before pre-season on the OS. Whilst I don't think he should be in out first XI, Livermore looks in good shape tbf. would be good to have senior characters in the dressing room buy in, even if they're not always getting on the pitch.

Interesting to see the Cryotherapy unit in the car park. I wonder if this is early for pre-season or a leftover that hasn't been picked up yet. They all look well tbf.