Emma Hayes
(the lady co-commentating the Spain/Croatia game) - put that in because I had to name-check her myself.
Much better than some of the male co-commentators - "He's headed it over the bar. He'll be disappointed with that."
Very aware of the tactics evolving during the game and explained them very clearly.
I am aware that there might be a certain amount of tokenism involved in the choice of some pundits, but she's more than worthy of her position.
All that and handy with an iron
(06-28-2021, 06:32 PM)Jacobthebaggie Wrote: All that and handy with an iron

Awesome, good at golf as well
bollox, turned the sound off
(06-28-2021, 06:44 PM)cornishbaggie Wrote:

You're absolutely correct, of course. She should be doing the housework whilst the matches are on, because only us blokes would be able to understand the incisive tactical analyses of people like Danny Murphy and Martin Keown.
(06-28-2021, 06:30 PM)74bus Wrote: (the lady co-commentating the Spain/Croatia game) - put that in because I had to name-check her myself.
Much better than some of the male co-commentators - "He's headed it over the bar. He'll be disappointed with that."
Very aware of the tactics evolving during the game and explained them very clearly.
I am aware that there might be a certain amount of tokenism involved in the choice of some pundits, but she's more than worthy of her position.

Agree, I thought she was very good. Struggled to drum up any real rapport with the main commentator though but that will come with experience. She seemed a bit nervous and like she was trying too hard to prove herself.

Ashley Cole at HT was utterly nauseating, and quite why Patrick Vieira is invited back to state the blindingly obvious but in a foreign accent every tournament I’ve no idea.
He’s French, non?
Didn't pay much attention to the commentary, but if she was good then great.

At least it wasn't Alex Scott. Is she offering expert a analysis on the cricket, horse racing and Formula 1 as well?
(06-28-2021, 07:41 PM)74bus Wrote:
(06-28-2021, 06:44 PM)cornishbaggie Wrote:

You're absolutely correct, of course. She should be doing the housework whilst the matches are on, because only us blokes would be able to understand the incisive tactical analyses of people like Danny Murphy and Martin Keown.

Danny Murphy.

He's like an energy sapping device.
(06-28-2021, 07:44 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(06-28-2021, 06:30 PM)74bus Wrote: (the lady co-commentating the Spain/Croatia game) - put that in because I had to name-check her myself.

Agree, I thought she was very good. Struggled to drum up any real rapport with the main commentator though but that will come with experience. She seemed a bit nervous and like she was trying too hard to prove herself.

Ashley Cole at HT was utterly nauseating, and quite why Patrick Vieira is invited back to state the blindingly obvious but in a foreign accent every tournament I’ve no idea.

Good spot. Her fault was that she talked a bit too much (quiet at the back!). But what she said added to the occasion, especially for people fairly new to the game.