Dodgy Dealings....
Why do you think we “signed” Zhang Yuning?
Just thought, I'd imagine the punishment for tax avoidance in China is probably more severe than it is in the UK.

First team to win promotion and the FA Cup in the same year, highest ground in league, only club to have had two execs executed by their government?

(Allegedly ffs).
(06-28-2021, 08:52 AM)Loanee Wrote: Why do you think we “signed” Zhang Yuning?

Simple it was a trial run.
(06-28-2021, 08:47 AM)baggy1 Wrote:
(06-28-2021, 08:42 AM)MrFizz Wrote: Not good reading but i bet we're not the only club to have tried it, difference is we're the only one to have parted ways with the DoF involved.

So one former employee has been found to have been attempting something a bit dodgy in a football transfer, but didn't actually do it. 

The Rondon deal wouldn't make sense either. Wasn't it announced as 16mil? That would mean the Chinese club would have severely overpaid if more money than that actually changed hands. I'm guessing we did actually recieve that, seeing as accounts would have been published in the meantime, and anything that didn't add up would already have been highlighted.

Problem is Fizz that it looks like they register the same amount between the clubs on the transfer system and then have an arrangement between the owners directly that doesn't get registered so it wouldn't get highlighted.

I agree, but if the club recieved what it said it recieved then from a 'football' point of view all's good. If more money changed hands in China between owners then thats a seperate issue. But getting that info would be virtually impossible.

Just thought, didn't the Finance Director also leave with Dowling? Just sayin loike.
One thing that looks likely is that Lai isn't going to make so much of a loss on the club as we thought if these rumours are true. If he took some money from the Zhang deal and also some from the Rondon deal then he won't have to get as much from selling the club. Fucking money laundering written all over it though.
(06-28-2021, 08:41 AM)Dumbo Wrote: Fucking embarrassing tbh. And concerning.

But don’t worry, super fan wba13 will be a long in a minute to tell us to get behind the club and remind us that he’s renewed his ST for the 102nd year running.

Yes you idiot  I will get behind the club and so should all of you.Can’t believe some of you believe everything published as fact. The club has put out a statement and until it is proven otherwise I will back the club.
(06-28-2021, 09:34 AM)wba13 Wrote:
(06-28-2021, 08:41 AM)Dumbo Wrote: Fucking embarrassing tbh. And concerning.

But don’t worry, super fan wba13 will be a long in a minute to tell us to get behind the club and remind us that he’s renewed his ST for the 102nd year running.

Yes you idiot  I will get behind the club and so should all of you.Can’t believe some of you believe everything published as fact. The club has put out a statement and until it is proven otherwise I will back the club.

I think the recording of the conversation between the agent and Dowling pretty much nails the 'it happened' part of this, that added to Dowling himself not denying the conversation took place.
Is it that different to what Allardyce got up to, in terms of it just being a conversation rather than an action? I don't think anything criminal came from that, it just cost him his job and damaged his reputation.

If the Rondon deal is bona-fide, than I can't see much coming of this and, whilst there's no doubt Dowling didn't do this on his own, his is the voice on tape, so he will be the one damaged the most.

If the Rondon deal is bad then surely Jenkins would be called into question?
Going to ask this Rondon was sold during Jenkins reign , can you really see him sanctioning such a deal. As much as some disliked Jenkins he ran a tight run ship.
(06-28-2021, 09:55 AM)Bob Fossil Wrote: Is it that different to what Allardyce got up to, in terms of it just being a conversation rather than an action? I don't think anything criminal came from that, it just cost him his job and damaged his reputation.

If the Rondon deal is bona-fide, than I can't see much coming of this and, whilst there's no doubt Dowling didn't do this on his own, his is the voice on tape, so he will be the one damaged the most.

If the Rondon deal is bad then surely Jenkins would be called into question?

Agree with this. Having read the full transcript from the Dowling conversations there were a lot of 'I think this could happen' or 'they' ll have to sort that out between themselves' type language. There was no structure or detail to any of what I read and Dowling came across as someone who clearly didn't really know what the fuck he was doing.

I can't see them pinning to much of this on us but I hope the other deal that was mentioned was all OK but like you say surely Jenkins would have played a big part in that.

Hopefully this will blow over.....