Hegazi
The loan fee was £2.25m, if the website is accurate. So maybe £450K is not so implausible for a player with one year left on his contract.
It was 4.5m. ENDS.

50% last season as a loan fee, 50% this as a perm. The standard deferred fees deal.
(06-25-2021, 07:21 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
TETLEY74 Wrote:Tbh I'd have him back in a heart beat, badly missed last season imho.

Agree. Shocking decision.

Slav played him in about one third of the matches for which he was available. All that talk about wanting to keep him was bollocks. Anyway, he liked the deal he was offered, so he wasn't going to stay. End of.
I was mocked for suggesting it was a horrendous decision at the time.

Luckily history showed that Ivanovic was a more than adequate replacement
(06-25-2021, 08:13 PM)Sliced Wrote: I was mocked for suggesting it was a horrendous decision at the time.

Luckily history showed that Ivanovic was a more than adequate replacement

We’d signed Bran long before Hegazi was sold, and we’d have gone down whether Hegazi had played or not.

Ultimately we got his 70k a week off the wage bill and banked £4m… decent deal IMO
Hegazi really wasn't very good.
(06-25-2021, 07:17 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote: Tbh I'd have him back in a heart beat, badly missed last season imho.

Big Grin
(06-25-2021, 10:27 PM)Moore Than Wrote:
(06-25-2021, 07:17 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote: Tbh I'd have him back in a heart beat, badly missed last season imho.

Big Grin

+1
Replacing him with a decrepit Ivanovic was a terrible decision.

I cant help but feel, much like Jonas, he would have been a bit of a liability with VAR. Both were far too "hands on"

He was, again like Jonas, collosal for us at time and an absolute bargain at 4m. Hopefully we can find another.
(06-25-2021, 08:00 PM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote:
(06-25-2021, 07:21 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
TETLEY74 Wrote:Tbh I'd have him back in a heart beat, badly missed last season imho.

Agree. Shocking decision.

Slav played him in about one third of the matches for which he was available. All that talk about wanting to keep him was bollocks. Anyway, he liked the deal he was offered, so he wasn't going to stay. End of.

People always conveniently forget how Slaven Bilic actively chose not to play him most games.