Appleton
Appleton is fav to take over at Swansea as Cooper looks set to take over at Palace.
I think the question is does this increase or decrease Swansea's chances of getting promoted. IMO in the short term I think it probably decreases the chance.
Excellent appointment for Swansea if so… What happened with Favre at Palace? Seemed a done deal!
(06-26-2021, 03:42 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Excellent appointment for Swansea if so… What happened with Favre at Palace? Seemed a done deal!

If Appy can get the Swans into the playoffs, the big guns could come a calling. Follow the leader
If Appleton has an interview with the swans then he is a cock for turning down an interview with us.

Having said that, out of all the managers we were linked with I am pleased who we have taken on and my preference out of the lot.
I told you I’ll be back
(06-26-2021, 04:20 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: If Appleton has an interview with the swans then he is a cock for turning down an interview with us.

Having said that, out of all the managers we were linked with I am pleased who we have taken on and my preference out of the lot.

Not necessarily… when we approached him we’d just turned down Wilder due to board disagreements and his buddy Dowling was in the throes of departing… we appeared to be a basket case, and he’s had more than his fair share of those. I imagine the statement released and the contract handed to Ismael has given him food for thought.

Swansea is a little more his scene. There will be less pressure to get promoted, he’ll have more time to embed the changes he wants, and they have a lot of young players and decent links with big clubs for loanees.

Appleton’s next move is likely to be career defining, if he fails in his next Champ job I doubt he will get another chance at that level, and I imagine he thought there was a lot of risk associated with where we were at the time.
(06-26-2021, 04:28 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(06-26-2021, 04:20 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: If Appleton has an interview with the swans then he is a cock for turning down an interview with us.

Not necessarily… when we approached him we’d just turned down Wilder due to board disagreements and his buddy Dowling was in the throes of departing… we appeared to be a basket case, and he’s had more than his fair share of those. I imagine the statement released and the contract handed to Ismael has given him food for thought.

Swansea is a little more his scene. There will be less pressure to get promoted, he’ll have more time to embed the changes he wants, and they have a lot of young players and decent links with big clubs for loanees.

Appleton’s next move is likely to be career defining, if he fails in his next Champ job I doubt he will get another chance at that level, and I imagine he thought there was a lot of risk associated with where we were at the time.

This.

Swansea is a good opportunity to see what he's actually got. The pressure here would have been immense.
Birdman1811 Wrote:
SW4Baggie Wrote:
Fulham Fallout Wrote:If Appleton has an interview with the swans then he is a cock for turning down an interview with us.

This.

Swansea is a good opportunity to see what he's actually got. The pressure here would have been immense.

Agree with this. Swansea appear to be a good stepping stone. (No disrespect to them intended). Way back to Brendan Rogers even. There would be a lot of pressure on him here and let's be honest, in recent times we don't look a good club to manage.