Strong Britain!
I don’t want to spoil the young people who wrote the song's pride in what they created but what do people think of this idea of patriotism? 

I don’t think enforced patriotism is a very British thing to do within schools. 

Strong Britain and repeat
Someone in government has been at the pharmaceutical cabinet.
It wasn’t instigated by government and it is not “enforced”.
(06-23-2021, 06:39 PM)JOK Wrote: It wasn’t instigated by government and it is not “enforced”.

No one said it was but it has been endorsed by Gavin Williamson the esteemed Education Secretary and the education department. 

We're encouraging schools across the UK to celebrate One Britain One Nation Day on 25 June, when children can learn about our shared values of tolerance, kindness, pride and respect.
#OBONDAY21 @1Britain1Nation

Here’s a history of its origins. 

Strong Britain history

If a school decides to make this part of their lesson then it is enforced in regards to the children having to participate.

What do you think of the idea?
Just beyond embarrassing
(06-23-2021, 07:06 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(06-23-2021, 06:39 PM)JOK Wrote: It wasn’t instigated by government and it is not “enforced”.

No one said it was but it has been endorsed by Gavin Williamson the esteemed Education Secretary and the education department. 

We're encouraging schools across the UK to celebrate One Britain One Nation Day on 25 June, when children can learn about our shared values of tolerance, kindness, pride and respect.

Strong Britain history

If a school decides to make this part of their lesson then it is enforced in regards to the children having to participate.

So according to you no one has said it is enforced but in 2 posts you have said it is.

Make your mind up.
(06-23-2021, 10:10 PM)GMBaggie Wrote:

Strong Britain history

So according to you no one has said it is enforced but in 2 posts you have said it is.

Make your mind up.

Thought it was a joke when I first saw it.

Not my cup of tea at all.
Strong Britain history

What a surprise you are so against a simple, harmless, none event, the Indy and the Guardian are critical of it!  And probably Another Angry Voice. Does it offend you that someone would like the country to be a bit more harmonious? Do you not agree that encouraging children to “ learn about our shared values of tolerance, kindness, pride and respect is a good thing? Probably you don’t as you certainly show no respect, tolerance or pride yourself.
Here are a couple a little less agenda driven story of the origins.
https://www.onebritainonenation.com/ceo-founder
https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/read-thi...21-3283442

Here are a few thoughts for you:
“My manifesto for the leadership of the Labour Party in 1994 was called change and national renewal”. Standing up for our country means standing up for what we believe in. It means standing up for our values and having the strength to realise them in the modern world. It means standing up for the core British values of fair play, creativity, tolerance and an outward-looking approach to the world.”

“National success… long-term growth and prosperity and stability depend on a clear sense of shared objectives and shared responsibilities. “

Our failure in the post-war period to generate a clear sense of national purpose has hindered us.

“New ideologies of personal liberation and opportunities for self-fulfillment, … is transforming traditional social structures and turning some inwards to themselves rather than looking outward to the nation and the state. “

“What is the answer to such a challenge? …to rediscover from first principles what it is that makes us British and to develop that identity in a way in tune with the modern world.”

“What makes Britain and Britishness important, valid, as necessary today as ever is a powerful combination of shared values and mutual self-interest. We are stronger together, economically and politically with the nations of the UK able to maximise their collective will and authority. Tony Blair, March 2020. Writing in your fave, The Guardian.
So, your mate Saint Tunna suggests it, good. An ordinary bloke, and an immigrant to boot, suggests it, bad.

I bet you would have loathed the ‘I’m Backing Britain ‘ campaign in the 60s , again, started by ordinary working people, backed by Harold Wilson, no less. Yep, classic Oikophobe reaction.

As to enforcement, I know of an entire MAT (6 schools) who are not participating. Hardly akin to NAZI Germany as some have described it. And I’m sure with your brainwashing of your child, it would have no effect anyway. You don’t agree with PSE lessons then, where ideals of  ‘tolerance, respect and shared values’ are taught “enforced”?

Oh, I also like you asking me a question after you have ignored repeated calls from me to answer about 50.
This is fucking weird in the extreme.

If it was North Korea we'd all be on here bemoaning indoctrination.