Chesham ans Amersham
Thought it might be worth a mention that the Tories have lost this by election.
Are the electorate starting to turn on these bunch of shysters we have in charge?

Lib Dems deal major blow
YouGov have ran a poll this morning that shows the Conservatives in Chesham and Amersham have overwhelmingly voted Conservative.
I imagine a few people have voted for “aesthetic” reasons, mind.
Overturned a 16,000 majority? I know turnout was low but…
Sticking it to the Tories by voting for the Lib Dems, ffs.
Labour's vote share dropped from 12.2% to 1.6% and 4th place behind the Greens.

With that and the Hartlepool result looks like there is a fair amount of tactical voting going on or Labour are totally fucked.
(06-18-2021, 07:36 AM)Ted Maul Wrote: Sticking it to the Tories by voting for the Lib Dems, ffs.

Why not? Two party politics isn't exactly serving us well, is it?
Tactical voting is the best way to challenge this UKIP ahem sorry Conservative party across the country. In areas where Labour have no chance to win, vote Lib Dem etc. There has to be a decent alternative even if it’s a coalition against populist, fact free, truth shy nonsense we have currently erratically steering the country like a drunk bull wielding a full shopping trolley around a china shop.
(06-18-2021, 07:44 AM)strawman Wrote: Labour's vote share dropped from 12.2% to 1.6% and 4th place behind the Greens.

With that and the Hartlepool result looks like there is a fair amount of tactical voting going on or Labour are totally fucked.

Some mates of mine were campaigning for the LDs over the last week. Labour essentially put up a paper candidate. No intent to gain support and there was near zero ground game from them. Very 1997-esque.

It's the Greens who put an effort in, by accounts they put more effort in than the Tories. The Tory constituency office wasn't even open yesterday for some reason.

(06-18-2021, 07:36 AM)Ted Maul Wrote: Sticking it to the Tories by voting for the Lib Dems, ffs.

With members like this, it's a surprise how Labour are struggling to get into government...
These things happen at bu elections, particularly to the zLib Dems.

That said the Conservatives need to be a bit careful with some of their traditional areas of support.

Parents and their children will start to notice how difficult it is for the children to achieve the economic security their parents have. They will increasingly ask the economic policies of the Govt serving my economic interests and come to the conclusion they are not.

Also I wonder if the culture wars the Govt keep wanting to fight will impress the younger voters in these areas. I suspect not.