You sometimes see as fate
It may have a new perspective
On a different day
And if you don't give up, and don't give in
You may just be okay

Say it loud, say it clear...

Man, it feels good to be back.
Classic emotional toon mate.

Totally. Always think of my dad when I hear it. Sometimes there's the odd tear.

Absofuckinlutely ditto
(02-01-2019, 05:52 PM)MancBaggie Wrote:
(02-01-2019, 05:07 PM)Johnnykayeengland Wrote:
(02-01-2019, 01:58 PM)MancBaggie Wrote:
(02-01-2019, 01:28 PM)cornishbaggie Wrote: I will spend the 90 mins, cheering the lads on, feeling immense relief that man is in the away dugout, not ours and feeling a certain amount of sympathy for the Boro fans, over and above that ..... nothing.
Even if we lose, I have the satisfaction of knowing I only have to watch his brand of football ( I use the term very loosely ) for 90 mins and all those years of drudgery are a dark distant memory.

Great post. 

As the various opposition fans I know used to ask me, how the fugg do you put up with watching that every week?

Agree with all the above. Noone despised Pulis Ball more than me. But, nothing against the man himself.
He came over (I'm going from the Artist TV show, and his press conferences) as a decent bloke who works hard for his wages.
I won't boo him tomorrow, though I might join in with the inevitable"Tony Pulis your football is shit".
Cos it is.
 On the train tomorrow. You driving down with Neil, you old stoat?
I am indeed. AlinA with Clem 4england.. what you doing in York?

(02-01-2019, 06:43 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(02-01-2019, 01:28 PM)cornishbaggie Wrote: I will spend the 90 mins, cheering the lads on, feeling immense relief that man is in the away dugout, not ours and feeling a certain amount of sympathy for the Boro fans, over and above that ..... nothing.
Even if we lose, I have the satisfaction of knowing I only have to watch his brand of football ( I use the term very loosely ) for 90 mins and all those years of drudgery are a dark distant memory.

Great post. 

As the various opposition fans I know used to ask me, how the fugg do you put up with watching that every week?

Agree with all the above. Noone despised Pulis Ball more than me. But, nothing against the man himself.
He came over (I'm going from the Artist TV show, and his press conferences) as a decent bloke who works hard for his wages.
I won't boo him tomorrow, though I might join in with the inevitable"Tony Pulis your football is shit".
Cos it is.

I’ll happily admit I despised the man, and went from being mildly embarrassed we’d appointed him (and frustrated that the club had allowed us to get to such a situation where we needed him) to being ashamed to continue to see him associated with us.

I despised his cosying up to the media, talking up everyone but us, and the effect his reputation had that every outlet continuously made out our fans were deluded and entitled for thinking we could survive in the PL and not be bored to tears on a weekly basis... I hated how every week he’d play the little West Brom card as if we should just be happy to be at the same table as the rest of the PL despite having been there for the best part of the last decade when he arrived, meanwhile talking up the likes of Brighton and Watford calling out their spending as if they were on a different planet to us.

I hated the dour football, the fact he killed my love of away games by systematically removing any chance we had of ever winning, I hated that we would continuously roll over for teams on bad runs through his overcautious approach and most of all, I hated that I would spend 90 minutes of every home game anxiously awaiting an opposition goal knowing as soon as we went behind we may as well go home.

Pulis removed every ounce of enjoyment from football for most of his time here. I watched friends who’ve been going for years fall out of love with the place, and I watched our home and away attendances gradually slip. I watched our atmosphere again both home and away steadily die, and frankly I couldn’t care less that came across as a hard worker, or a good bloke on one TV show.

The man is poisonous, is a proven fraudster and chancer several times over, who for all his working class Christian values stinks to high heaven of hypocrisy. He’s a self-serving, odious, cap-wearing twat who gave me some of the darkest times I can remember supporting this club.

I won’t boo him as no grown adult should ever boo, it’s childish and on the same level of footballing faux-pas as shouting “you’re shit aaaaaaaaah” when a goalie kicks out, but I will happily serenade him with everything I’ve got and I doubt I’ll be the only one.

You disagree with me then?
(02-01-2019, 06:43 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:

Great post. 

Cos it is.

I’ll happily admit I despised the man, and went from being mildly embarrassed we’d appointed him (and frustrated that the club had allowed us to get to such a situation where we needed him) to being ashamed to continue to see him associated with us.

I despised his cosying up to the media, talking up everyone but us, and the effect his reputation had that every outlet continuously made out our fans were deluded and entitled for thinking we could survive in the PL and not be bored to tears on a weekly basis... I hated how every week he’d play the little West Brom card as if we should just be happy to be at the same table as the rest of the PL despite having been there for the best part of the last decade when he arrived, meanwhile talking up the likes of Brighton and Watford calling out their spending as if they were on a different planet to us.

I hated the dour football, the fact he killed my love of away games by systematically removing any chance we had of ever winning, I hated that we would continuously roll over for teams on bad runs through his overcautious approach and most of all, I hated that I would spend 90 minutes of every home game anxiously awaiting an opposition goal knowing as soon as we went behind we may as well go home.

Pulis removed every ounce of enjoyment from football for most of his time here. I watched friends who’ve been going for years fall out of love with the place, and I watched our home and away attendances gradually slip. I watched our atmosphere again both home and away steadily die, and frankly I couldn’t care less that came across as a hard worker, or a good bloke on one TV show.

The man is poisonous, is a proven fraudster and chancer several times over, who for all his working class Christian values stinks to high heaven of hypocrisy. He’s a self-serving, odious, cap-wearing twat who gave me some of the darkest times I can remember supporting this club.

I won’t boo him as no grown adult should ever boo, it’s childish and on the same level of footballing faux-pas as shouting “you’re shit aaaaaaaaah” when a goalie kicks out, but I will happily serenade him with everything I’ve got and I doubt I’ll be the only one.

Best post since the recarnation of the board the bloke is a grade a cnut .
Bostin' post Cornish. Sums up my feelings.
He knows he's going to get abuse and you can bet he'll try and use it to Boro' s advantage.
If others want to give him shit do it at the start and then get behind the Albion.
We all know what to expect so the team needs our support and patience.
TP learnt his trade working for Midlands Red in the parking bay. Let him and the Boro fans know what they are missing today. Good football, happy players and happy clappers COYB.
As Big Dave says; "get behind the Albion".
(02-01-2019, 12:45 PM)Packie Ponner Wrote: https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/foot...s-15764877

What a wanker.

Par for the course fro Pulis - what would he do if he landed attacking players ? We all know the answer to that one.

Great post. 

Cos it is.

Pretty much how I feel.
He did a good job when he first came as the club was hurtling to relegation (anyone who was at Stoke over that Xams period would know that) and looked like he might, juts might, push on a few season ago until we virtually achieved safety and slid alarmingly for that last third (a sackable run of results for most).
But last season was just chronic (allied by the club's hierarchy not doing their job and firing him sooner to give us a chance and put the fans out of the misery) and really drew the life out of the fans with the hopelessness and dullness of attending our games.
The football is sh8t chant will sum it up nicely today.
(02-02-2019, 10:10 AM)ColliersWoodBaggie Wrote: As Big Dave says; "get behind the Albion".

+1
(02-02-2019, 10:10 AM)ColliersWoodBaggie Wrote: As Big Dave says; "get behind the Albion".

This!

Tony who?