Graeme Jones
Masterclass. Wink
Phew! Thought he'd been appointed at Albion for a minute..
(06-13-2021, 02:55 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: Phew! Thought he'd been appointed at Albion for a minute..

Arf! Added to the England coaching staff just before the tournament, a lot of credit for Newcastle's end to the season.
(06-13-2021, 02:55 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: Phew! Thought he'd been appointed at Albion for a minute..

Nearly every time the title of a thread is somebody's name I think that.
One of the world's top coaching minds.

Maybe never a manager, and was the wrong man when he was here, but as a coach, very few better out there.
Strange to think that it went so wrong here and many attribute it to Jones. Certainly a very well sought after coach.
(06-13-2021, 03:16 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: One of the world's top coaching minds.

Maybe never a manager, and was the wrong man when he was here, but as a coach, very few better out there.

He needs a strong man to manage him. That wasn't Big Dave, sadly.
(06-13-2021, 03:21 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:

Hmmm. I never thought i would hear big Dave talked about on here as not a strong man! Context, i suppose ....
(06-13-2021, 03:32 PM)Llandudno Baggie Wrote:
(06-13-2021, 03:21 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:

Hmmm. I never thought i would hear big Dave talked about on here as not a strong man! Context, i suppose ....

Physically he is an ox of a man, but I get the impression of a gentle giant.
I'd venture to suggest that Graeme Jones learned a few hard lessons about "football purism" at the expense of West Bromwich Albion and Luton Town, and also Darren Moore. It may have made him a better coach now, but he's still guilty as hell for our current plight (among others).