The Second Test
I was in the original smaller crowd, with a mate and his son. Now it's made a Government Pilot the son, being under 16 is no longer able to attend. The tickets have been refunded.
滚开赖
I'll be there on Friday.

Bess into the squad to replace Robinson.
(06-07-2021, 12:07 PM)CA Baggie Wrote: I was in the original smaller crowd, with a mate and his son.  Now it's made a Government Pilot the son, being under 16 is no longer able to attend.  The tickets have been refunded.

That's bad luck CA, I'm going on Thurs with my son who's a bit older. It's crap banning under 16s... thought we were supposed to be encouraging youngsters into cricket. Looking forward to shoving sticks up my nose for all the tests we have to do Undecided
(06-07-2021, 02:27 PM)Chepstowbaggie Wrote:
(06-07-2021, 12:07 PM)CA Baggie Wrote: I was in the original smaller crowd, with a mate and his son.  Now it's made a Government Pilot the son, being under 16 is no longer able to attend.  The tickets have been refunded.

That's bad luck CA, I'm going on Thurs with my son who's a bit older. It's crap banning under 16s... thought we were supposed to be encouraging youngsters into cricket. Looking forward to shoving sticks up my nose for all the tests we have to do Undecided

It's a medical trial so U16s can't take part?
(06-07-2021, 04:15 PM)Ted Maul Wrote:

Dont know what the legalities are about trials for U16 but schoolchildren are encouraged to take lateral flow tests which is the requirement for entry to the match.

Difficult to see what the 'trial' will show since to get in you have to have a negative test therefore not likely that many will subesquently have a positive test. Also laughable that when in the queue to get in you have to do social distancing but once in you dont.

There have been similar trials for nightclubs I think, cant recall seeing any headlines about the results so presumably werent many susbequent cases.

I don’t know the reasoning behind it but now it’s been extended it’s no u16s.

Not sure how much of a trial it is if everyone requires a negative test first.  Surely it’s just a bunch of people without co-vid meeting up which should and has always been perfectly safe.

It would be more of a trial to not test them first and then track and test them for the next 7-10 days and see how many develop it.
滚开赖
(06-07-2021, 10:10 PM)CA Baggie Wrote:

I don’t know the reasoning behind it but now it’s been extended it’s no u16s.

Not sure how much of a trial it is if everyone requires a negative test first.  Surely it’s just a bunch of people without co-vid meeting up which should and has always been perfectly safe.

It would be more of a trial to not test them first and then track and test them for the next 7-10 days and see how many develop it.

It's 75% capacity isn't it? Probably just trying to maximise the number of fans allowed in and the easiest way to do that was to make it a trial event to ensure that people going were tested rigorously, otherwise they'd be capped at a lower capacity.
England may not be able to field a team if the historic social media investigations turn up much more.

Friends Reunited has been switched back on for forensic analysis.
(06-08-2021, 05:22 AM)baggiebloke Wrote: England may not be able to field a team if the historic social media investigations turn up much more.

Friends Reunited has been switched back on for forensic analysis.

They've set the precedent with Robinson now. 

Do the investigation, release some platitudes about education and get him back in for the India test. If it teaches the next generation of 15-18 year olds not to do racism on the internet then it's worked.

Does sound like a lot of paperwork mind.
Took this off another site but all said is correct about you me and every other person.
Let's get real ...... I challenge you all to find one single person anywhere in the world that has not had a racist thought or made a racist joke or comment at some point in their lives.

No one person has grown up in a vacuum ... Their life experiences form their views, morals and standards. From time to time people's experience and emotions will cause them to say or write things they later regret in the heat of the moment, it becomes racist when you act upon it or encourage someone else to act upon it. I try to treat everybody with respect and dignity irrespective of their heritage.

In my former occupation my employers took us all on racial awareness training, this involved us sitting in a room with several young black men and a social worker who was also black. We spent the day being racially abused for being white, my colleagues who were from ethnic groups were called bounty or coconuts. For those who don't know, this is a derogatory term aimed at black and Asian people who they deem are black on the outside and white on the inside, soliders, police officers, people who work for "THE MAN" etc. Whenever we tried to challenge their views and comments the social worker said that ethnic minorities can not be racist no matter what they say or do because they are minority groups. She would not accept it works both ways.

The media has a big part to play in stirring this up, their political agendas where anything now has to be black is rammed down people's throats, to those who are racist it justifies their beliefs, those who are not racist but have life experiences and occasionally say jokes or inappropriate comments start to feel under attack. I feel the same with veganism, I enjoy meat but am vilified in the media and by politically motivated vegan groups who target restaurants customers out enjoying a meal minding their own business. We are becoming an intolerant society where freedom of speech and thought are being crushed. Universities ban speakers because The students don't like their views, without reasonable debate these views grow and fester.

The problem in this case is stupidity and social media. People post on this sites, whether to friends or in response to an event in their life, in a second the post has gone but it remains forever in the domain. Think about your words and their effect on others before the event, after is too late. If you don't want something you say or think to come back and haunt you, then perhaps you shouldn't be posting it in the first place.

Bit of a waffle, I may have wandered off trend but hope it reads okay.

Stay safe, be kind to each other, we all have flaws, no ones perfect.