Dea John Reid
(06-05-2021, 10:52 AM)cornishbaggie Wrote:
(06-05-2021, 10:17 AM)Duffers Wrote: Even if the stories are true about the kid robbing people (and the YouTube comments section is hardly the most reliable information source) then it still comes nowhere near justifying what happened. Surely it’s a matter for the police not someone to take into their own hands.

If and it is a massive if because non of us have any idea what actually happened, a 14 year old has chosen to threaten and rob people at knifepoint, it is no great surprise if he ends up at the wrong end of a knife and certainly nothing to weep over.

I don't know the circumstances, but simply put this was being framed as a tale of a shocking racist murder in an Anthony Walker/Stephen Lawrence way. It was adding more fuel to growing and disturbing emphasis on race as a hook for all injustices where a black man dies.

It may now be just a case of a gang dispute- the court case will emphasise the character of the lad that died.

If it is a case on being a non racist gang style murder, which is beginning to look the case as the media is beginning to back away from it, there will still be many who have already cemented in their mind this was a racist murder as they don't engage with the news enough. You can be sure too if the lad who died was a bad un it'll be buried down the news as well- anything but headline. The rest of this sorry tale will be off radar for many.

It's really frustrating what's going on as I'm liberal and like multiculturalism and I'm on the side of striving for injustices for those being victimised, but the way it's being handled is so wrong and just creating a cesspit of anger amongst the white underclass etc. It's also fuelling some minorities who are more entrenched in their victim mentality. It may not be their colour holding them back, but the fact they are born into poverty and have more in common with the white underclass than a Nigerian heart surgeon living in a big house inHarborne.

We're a breeding ground for the far right/far left due to an unhealthy focus on minorities woes. For instance a friend who had the jab on Saturday voiced to me how frustrated he is that we've stayed in for a year and more and followed rules and are now getting vaccinated, yet loads of minorities won't get the jab. We have to gingerly side-step the topic rather than call them out stridently as the rules we have don't apply to them.

However, as certain posters prove, and the wider cancel culture police, whenever a subject like this gets aired you get the racism label as if you went into a house of a Pakistani family and hit them with baseball bats and painted a Swastika on their wall, rather than just saying it's frustrating that they won't engage in society's collective responsibilities the same way as the rest of us and maybe they need to reflect. 

Until society can start having a grown up healthy debate again, instead of shutting down the argument, then we're in for this rift getting wider and wider. Hey don't listen to me though, an Irish Catholic kid. who was spat at, punched and verbally abused growing up. That's forgotten as I just become a middle class white guy living in a leafy area.

It's really worrying times in a them and us marginalised world.
One thing is certain, the internet has driven a huge juggernaut through sub judice laws.
(06-07-2021, 09:08 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote: One thing is certain, the internet has driven a huge juggernaut through sub judice laws.

Certainly Shabby. I recall strong laws once a person was charged. Now gossip on Twitter/facebook etc rules and can't be handled.
(06-07-2021, 09:34 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(06-07-2021, 09:08 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote: One thing is certain, the internet has driven a huge juggernaut through sub judice laws.

Certainly Shabby. I recall strong laws once a person was charged. Now gossip on Twitter/facebook etc rules and can't be handled.

The law is still there. What we may see is either the collapse of a high-profile case due sub-judice not being followed, or a move to non-jury trials in high-profile cases. Both of these are bad for justice, but unfortunately we have a loud group in society who have no interest in improving the justice system, but instead seek to destroy it.
(06-07-2021, 08:30 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(06-05-2021, 10:52 AM)cornishbaggie Wrote:
(06-05-2021, 10:17 AM)Duffers Wrote: Even if the stories are true about the kid robbing people (and the YouTube comments section is hardly the most reliable information source) then it still comes nowhere near justifying what happened. Surely it’s a matter for the police not someone to take into their own hands.

If and it is a massive if because non of us have any idea what actually happened, a 14 year old has chosen to threaten and rob people at knifepoint, it is no great surprise if he ends up at the wrong end of a knife and certainly nothing to weep over.

I don't know the circumstances, but simply put this was being framed as a tale of a shocking racist murder in an Anthony Walker/Stephen Lawrence way. It was adding more fuel to growing and disturbing emphasis on race as a hook for all injustices where a black man dies.

It may now be just a case of a gang dispute- the court case will emphasise the character of the lad that died.

If it is a case on being a non racist gang style murder, which is beginning to look the case as the media is beginning to back away from it, there will still be many who have already cemented in their mind this was a racist murder as they don't engage with the news enough. You can be sure too if the lad who died was a bad un it'll be buried down the news as well- anything but headline. The rest of this sorry tale will be off radar for many.

It's really frustrating what's going on as I'm liberal and like multiculturalism and I'm on the side of striving for injustices for those being victimised, but the way it's being handled is so wrong and just creating a cesspit of anger amongst the white underclass etc. It's also fuelling some minorities who are more entrenched in their victim mentality. It may not be their colour holding them back, but the fact they are born into poverty and have more in common with the white underclass than a Nigerian heart surgeon living in a big house inHarborne.

We're a breeding ground for the far right/far left due to an unhealthy focus on minorities woes. For instance a friend who had the jab on Saturday voiced to me how frustrated he is that we've stayed in for a year and more and followed rules and are now getting vaccinated, yet loads of minorities won't get the jab. We have to gingerly side-step the topic rather than call them out stridently as the rules we have don't apply to them.

However, as certain posters prove, and the wider cancel culture police, whenever a subject like this gets aired you get the racism label as if you went into a house of a Pakistani family and hit them with baseball bats and painted a Swastika on their wall, rather than just saying it's frustrating that they won't engage in society's collective responsibilities the same way as the rest of us and maybe they need to reflect. 

Until society can start having a grown up healthy debate again, instead of shutting down the argument, then we're in for this rift getting wider and wider. Hey don't listen to me though, an Irish Catholic kid.  who was spat at, punched and verbally abused growing up. That's forgotten as I just become a middle class white guy living in a leafy area.

It's really worrying times in a them and us marginalised world.

Excellent post.
It reads to me, and this is without any inside knowledge at all other than newspaper reports and the ages of those arrested, more like someone getting attacked/robbed/somesuchlike, ringing their dad to come and help them. He drives across the city and with the help of his attacked kid goes looking for the lad who did it, finds him and that's where we are now.

I suspect, just reading between the lines and the initial police response, that's more likely than any overt racial or gang motive.
(06-07-2021, 03:12 PM)Old Stroller Wrote: It reads to me, and this is without any inside knowledge at all other than newspaper reports and the ages of those arrested, more like someone getting attacked/robbed/somesuchlike, ringing their dad to come and help them. He drives across the city and with the help of his attacked kid goes looking for the lad who did it, finds him and that's where we are now.

I suspect, just reading between the lines and the initial police response, that's more likely than any overt racial or gang motive.

I agree. The Police seemed to have been forced into classifying it a race hate case for some reason, as they said that it wasn't, got criticised and now are saying it is... Yes, racist language was heard, but is that all that is needed to make it a race hate case?
(06-07-2021, 04:42 PM)MassDebater Wrote:
(06-07-2021, 03:12 PM)Old Stroller Wrote: It reads to me, and this is without any inside knowledge at all other than newspaper reports and the ages of those arrested, more like someone getting attacked/robbed/somesuchlike, ringing their dad to come and help them. He drives across the city and with the help of his attacked kid goes looking for the lad who did it, finds him and that's where we are now.

I agree. The Police seemed to have been forced into classifying it a race hate case for some reason, as they said that it wasn't, got criticised and now are saying it is... Yes, racist language was heard, but is that all that is needed to make it a race hate case?

You can call someone a black XXXX, without it being a race hate crime, just like someone a ginger XXXX, fat XXXX, lanky XXXX etc. The emphasis is you think the person is a XXXX and you just use a physical trait to bolt the word onto.

However in this ridiculous era of hypersensitivity the emphasis when colour or race is used is twisted to make it something it is not. as I said, sadly many will already have filed away this story as a race crime, when the truth may be a million miles away.

There's horrible black kids and horrible white kids and maybe this was just a horrible kid who lived by the knife and died by the knife. I really don't know, but it all feels a little clumsy and looks like being used again to raise the profile of racial crime.

Truth is the boy probably has exactly the same problems as the ones who did this- that being a dysfunctional family, lack of a good male role model and a road ahead lacking opportunity. That's the issues that need addressing.
(06-07-2021, 05:05 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(06-07-2021, 03:12 PM)Old Stroller Wrote: It reads to me, and this is without any inside knowledge at all other than newspaper reports and the ages of those arrested, more like someone getting attacked/robbed/somesuchlike, ringing their dad to come and help them. He drives across the city and with the help of his attacked kid goes looking for the lad who did it, finds him and that's where we are now.

You can call someone a black XXXX, without it being a race hate crime, just like someone a ginger XXXX, fat XXXX, lanky XXXX etc. The emphasis is you think the person is a XXXX and you just use a physical trait to bolt the word onto.

Eh? The use of race, or any other adjective, is being used as the emphasis to the initial insult by using a character trait. How is calling a black person a black so and so or an Indian person a brown so and so not racist?
(06-07-2021, 05:05 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:

You can call someone a black XXXX, without it being a race hate crime,
just like someone a ginger XXXX, fat XXXX, lanky XXXX etc. The emphasis is you think the person is a XXXX and you just use a physical trait to bolt the word onto.

However in this ridiculous era of hypersensitivity the emphasis when colour or race is used is twisted to make it something it is not. as I said, sadly many will already have filed away this story as a race crime, when the truth may be a million miles away.

There's horrible black kids and horrible white kids and maybe this was just a horrible kid who lived by the knife and died by the knife. I really don't know, but it all feels a little clumsy and looks like being used again to raise the profile of racial crime.

Truth is the boy probably has exactly the same problems as the ones who did this- that being a dysfunctional family, lack of a good male role model and a road ahead lacking opportunity. That's the issues that need addressing.

Jesus fucking Christ!