Sam Johnstone...
Bad error from him yesterday but the state of the fucking wall didn’t help either! Another collective defensive failure - just like the corner for the first goal which was Under 13 level of shite
I made the same point in the match thread as the op, and then regretted making it. 

Think it was just an error, did reasonably well fir rest of game, particularly in second half.
I agree that the lack of "fans" seems to have helped him, the whole of the brummie holding their breath every time kyle tekkers bartley passed sideways across the area must have stuck with him.

He has made some great saves this season, some worldies that have earned us points and I doubt anyone albion fan doesnt wish him well when he moves on. I just hope he doesnt end up bench warming for years like the pole in goal did.
(05-23-2021, 09:27 PM)Dumbo Wrote: Our season has been a shambles but it could have been an even bigger embarrassment without this guy.

Keepers make mistakes. Today he made one. Simple as that.

With the season he’s had, we can let it slide.

Indeed they do, Kasper Schmeichel punched one into his own net yesterday, from a corner.
Seems he may get taken to the Euros now that Pope is out. Well deserved.
Just turned 28 and 250 appearances under his belt.

If he "keeps" improving he should be nailed on in England's top 3 for some time.

The negativity towards him at times has been a bit embarrassing and counter productive. If there's one player you don't want to be holding the boo boy tag it's the keeper.
Just turned 28 and 250 appearances under his belt.

If he "keeps" improving he should be nailed on in England's top 3 for some time.

The negativity towards him at times has been a bit embarrassing and counter productive. If there's one player you don't want to be holding the boo boy tag it's the keeper.