So That’s It Then !!
Thank god this shambles of a season is now over.

A couple of brilliant highlights amongst one of the most embarrassing and shameful campaigns in living memory.
I’ve never despaired so much at so many abject and woeful performances as we got thrashed more times in any season I can remember.

The goals against column is pitiful.

BFS was a manager that I really did not want to manage our club and he actually made us worse before the improvements post January window.
However, he set us up poorly for the key games against the clubs around us which all but settled our fate.
Since the Saints game we’ve been a shambles defensively again and shocking in quite a few.

Big problems ahead of next season with most our quality likely to be gone but we need to get the new guy ASAP to start planning.... bye Big Sam, you obviously didn’t fancy it and you and your arrogance won’t be missed !!!
Another inevitable defeat to end a miserable season. The goals against column does not lie and more of the same abject defending at no stage suggested an upset was on the cards at Elland Road. Albion had their chances but poor decision making and poor finishing meant we had to wait until Leeds gifted a goal to Robson-Kanu on 90 minutes. Game over, season over, thank heavens!
Yep one of the most miserable seasons since 86 I reckon....

For all the talk of BFS improving the defence, we ended up conceding af 2 per game with him and 2 per game with Slav. Sad
(05-23-2021, 05:20 PM)MassDebater Wrote: Yep one of the most miserable seasons since 86 I reckon....

For all the talk of BFS improving the defence, we ended up conceding af 2 per game with him and 2 per game with Slav. Sad

Which is why we need to buy two good centre backs for next season. Nowhere to hide, there isn't a reliable combo amongst Bartley, O'Shea and the wildly over-rated Ajayi.
Issue is - midfield and up front is more pressing and that says a lot! Only once those positions are sorted should we look at the centre backs IMO
dpb2002 Wrote:Issue is - midfield and up front is more pressing and that says a lot! Only once those positions are sorted should we look at the centre backs IMO

Trouble is the defence is so poor even for a toppish Chump team as we saw leaking the goals we did in the promotion season.
(05-23-2021, 05:07 PM)EastMidsBaggie Wrote: Thank good this shambles of a season is now over.

A couple of brilliant highlights amongst one of the most embarrassing and shameful campaigns in living memory.
I’ve never despaired so much at so many abject and woeful performances as we got thrashed more times in any season I can remember.

The goals against column is pitiful.

BFS was a manager that I really did not want to manage our club and he actually made us worse before the improvements post January window.
However, he set us up poorly for the key games against the clubs around us which all but settled our fate.
Since the Saints game we’ve been a shambles defensively again and shocking in quite a few.

Big problems ahead of next season with most our quality likely to be gone but we need to get the new guy ASAP to start planning.... bye Big Sam, you obviously didn’t fancy it and you and your arrogance won’t be missed !!!

100% agree.

Well said. Let's hope we can recover.
This season doesn’t count. Was just some weird unreal things that played out on TV.