In that order. We have got plenty to do
(05-23-2021, 06:24 PM)MancBaggie Wrote: Holding CM
No 10
2 strikers
LB cover

In that order. We have got plenty to do

2 strikers?

Not sure the club will see it that way.

Robinson & Grant should be good enough for the level we are going to.

I think a team of;

Palmer; Furlong, Bartley, Ajayi, Townsend; Sawyers, Livermore; Diangana, Phillips; Robinson, Grant.
Palmer; Furlong, Bartley, Ajayi, Townsend; Sawyers, Livermore; Diangana, Phillips; Robinson, Grant.

Wouldn't make the play-offs.
If we go into next season with Sawyers and livermore as our only central midfield options and relying on wide players to play center forward, we are in trouble imho.
(05-23-2021, 07:30 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote: If we go into next season with Sawyers and livermore as our only central midfield options and relying on wide players to play center forward, we are in trouble imho.
Totally agree.
(05-23-2021, 07:25 PM)ericlegrisly Wrote: Palmer; Furlong, Bartley, Ajayi, Townsend; Sawyers, Livermore; Diangana, Phillips; Robinson, Grant.

But that’s not how it works, is it?

If we sell our best two players, we make minimum £40mill from it and we can reinvest some of that. If we keep hold of them, then that team suddenly becomes title contenders.
(05-23-2021, 07:43 PM)Dumbo Wrote:
(05-23-2021, 07:25 PM)ericlegrisly Wrote: Palmer; Furlong, Bartley, Ajayi, Townsend; Sawyers, Livermore; Diangana, Phillips; Robinson, Grant.

If we sell our best two players, we make minimum £40mill from it and we can reinvest some of that. If we keep hold of them, then that team suddenly becomes title contenders.

Right enough, but the post I responded to contained the quote: "I think a team of;...."

Which I maintain wouldn't be good enough to be promoted. A chunk of £40 million would, of course, change that.
(05-23-2021, 08:11 PM)ericlegrisly Wrote:
(05-23-2021, 07:43 PM)Dumbo Wrote:

Right enough, but the post I responded to contained the quote: "I think a team of;...."

Which I maintain wouldn't be good enough to be promoted. A chunk of £40 million would, of course, change that.

Assuming of course its spent on strengthening the right areas with the right players and not wasted on one eye catching signing.
When I analyse a squad , I always mentally tot up how many goals we are likely to get from each player.

At championship level, if you want promotion you need to be getting a minimum of 60 goals, and probably a few more.

Looking at the players from current squad, could only see Pereria and Grant as being capable of getting over 15 goals, and with the former likely to depart , I think we are short of goalscorers, especially as we don't have any goal scoring central midfielders.

Reasonably happy with the defence  for a championship  campaign, but going forward there are issues.
GK - Button, Palmer, 3rd choice required so Griffiths can go on loan.

RB Furlong, New signing or maybe O’Shea as cover at a push.
LB Townsend + New signing to compete
CB Ajayi, Bartley, Kipre & O’Shea. Wouldn’t be averse to a new CB if we moved one on.

CM Livermore, Sawyers and Harper. If we don’t get 2 or 3 new midfielders in we’ll be mid table at best. 2 proper midfielders (in the mould of Mulumbu/Yoksulu) and a Pereira replacement. Someone who can weave a bit of magic; create and score goals.

Wingers Phillips, Grady, Robinson*Snodgrass and Grant at a push. Signing Edwards doesn’t seem such a bad idea.

Forwards Zohore, Grant and Robinson*. 2 more required. I’d keep Kanu if, if Zohore can be moved on. He can be 4th choice and/or an alternate option depending upon the game.

Tulloch, Morton and 1 or 2 other promising youngsters need to get out on loan.

I’m assuming we’ll get minimum of £45m for SJ and Pereira and save a good chunk of wages on both the departing players and the flex down. Absolute minimum £30m for Pereira plus add-ons and £15m for SJ.

3-4 purchases and 3-4 loanees. Have another look in January if needed.
滚开赖