Gustavo Hamer
(05-21-2021, 06:16 PM)Super_Slav Wrote:
(05-21-2021, 06:11 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote:
(05-21-2021, 05:04 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(05-21-2021, 04:40 PM)Super_Slav Wrote: One positive with Sam leaving is I hope the new Head Coach takes a liking to Sawyers as I’ve been very upset with how he’s been sidelined and treated (unless he’s injured).

Maybe if he wasn't so bad at this level he may have played more.

Maybe if he learned to close down ,track runners and bloody tackle it may help. Really not sure what he brings to midfield ,doesn't create or score goals or defend ,every pass is 5yards sidewards or backwards any competent player should be able to do that  it ain't anything special.

Sawyers is our maestro. He makes us tick like Pirlo did for AC Milan and Thiago did at Bayern and now Liverpool.

If he is given a tough tackling midfielder he will be an excellent player (again) at Championship level and you heard it here first will return next season to the Premier League a better player for his experience.

Because of the way he plays he doesn’t rely on pace so he could quite easily play at the elite level till 33/34

A Maestro and a great Clubman 

https://youtu.be/uVSHyT4R0Zc
(05-22-2021, 09:16 AM)baggiebloke Wrote:
(05-21-2021, 04:40 PM)Super_Slav Wrote: One positive with Sam leaving is I hope the new Head Coach takes a liking to Sawyers as I’ve been very upset with how he’s been sidelined and treated (unless he’s injured).

Maybe if he learned to close down ,track runners and bloody tackle it may help. Really not sure what he brings to midfield ,doesn't create or score goals or defend ,every pass is 5yards sidewards or backwards any competent player should be able to do that  it ain't anything special.

Sawyers is our maestro. He makes us tick like Pirlo did for AC Milan and Thiago did at Bayern and now Liverpool.

If he is given a tough tackling midfielder he will be an excellent player (again) at Championship level and you heard it here first will return next season to the Premier League a better player for his experience.

Because of the way he plays he doesn’t rely on pace so he could quite easily play at the elite level till 33/34

Arf that takes me back a bit, your sure to get some Allegro over this  Rolleyes
(05-21-2021, 09:24 PM)Super_Slav Wrote:
(05-21-2021, 07:56 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote:
(05-21-2021, 06:22 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(05-21-2021, 06:11 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote: Maybe if he learned to close down ,track runners and bloody tackle it may help. Really not sure what he brings to midfield ,doesn't create or score goals or defend ,every pass is 5yards sidewards or backwards any competent player should be able to do that  it ain't anything special.

He can’t even do it at 29 Ziz Big Grin
This really is your best work yet.

How the fugg can you compare Sawyers to Pirlo FFS . If he even turns out half as good as him ill gladly eat humble pie.
Not sure whether Ziz genuinely thinks this ,is just fishing for reactions yet again(if so well done) or is just plain fugging barmy. It has made me loff though  Wink

I’m not saying Sawyers is ANYWHERE near the quality of Pirlo. But Saywers is that “type” of player.

[font=-apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, "Segoe UI", Roboto, Lato, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Sawyers is known for his ability to dictate games[/font][font=-apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, "Segoe UI", Roboto, Lato, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif], his range of passing, and his ability to carry out successful difficult passes and help his team-mates start attacks.[/font]

[font=-apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, "Segoe UI", Roboto, Lato, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Ask any Championship team tomorrow and they would want Romaine Sawyers as the heartbeat of the team.  [/font]

Brentford didn't and they wouldn't. Waiting on offers .....
(05-22-2021, 09:29 AM)TETLEY74 Wrote:
(05-21-2021, 05:04 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Maybe if he wasn't so bad at this level he may have played more.

Arf that takes me back a bit, your sure to get some Allegro over this  Rolleyes

If I do I'll tell that Montego and fuck 'emselves.
(05-21-2021, 10:15 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: Good point SW4. Let's start by looking at what we have and how to use it.

Yep. Sawyers improved us 2 years ago at championship level. He should be able to do it again.
But that doesn't mean I think he's pl level, unfortunately.

Only if he plays to his MAXImum potential.
I may be a lone voice, but I think Sawyers was an important cog in the promotion game. I think with an Okay next to him he'd have looked a lot better. He's not there to do the dirty work...sadly mostly he had a Livermore next to him, which was most of the problem at the back end of the promotion season, we were lacking a battler...Which I, and many others, kept saying at the time.
(05-22-2021, 03:22 PM)MassDebater Wrote: I may be a lone voice, but I think Sawyers was an important cog in the promotion game. I think with an Okay next to him he'd have looked a lot better. He's not there to do the dirty work...sadly mostly he had a Livermore next to him, which was most of the problem at the back end of the promotion season, we were lacking a  battler...Which I, and many others, kept saying at the time.

Livermore could make a similar claim...
(05-22-2021, 04:35 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
(05-22-2021, 03:22 PM)MassDebater Wrote: I may be a lone voice, but I think Sawyers was an important cog in the promotion game. I think with an Okay next to him he'd have looked a lot better. He's not there to do the dirty work...sadly mostly he had a Livermore next to him, which was most of the problem at the back end of the promotion season, we were lacking a  battler...Which I, and many others, kept saying at the time.

Livermore could make a similar claim...

True, but as a former International one would have hoped he would lead better than he did.
I don't like the club signing players when the new manager simply might not fancy them.