Wilder please
(05-19-2021, 10:01 PM)Baggeridgebaggy Wrote: His record prior to this season was pretty sensational, but judgement undoubtedly now a question given his latter big money signings ....including Burke, where any fan could see he's barely a Championship player

I still think he’s our best option

To be fair he wasn't the first one to fuck up there

It's still a no for me
(05-19-2021, 09:32 PM)Bortolazzi's Barnet Wrote: I think I'd rather have Jokanovic.

Just please not Appleton.

Appy's tiny ickle team with injuries did the giant Mackems tonight.

I'd look at him.

You'd be a fool not to.
(05-19-2021, 10:06 PM)albion_pigeon Wrote:
(05-19-2021, 10:01 PM)Baggeridgebaggy Wrote: His record prior to this season was pretty sensational, but judgement undoubtedly now a question given his latter big money signings ....including Burke, where any fan could see he's barely a Championship player

It's still a no for me
Super Slav bought Grant for many millions more than Burke. He is just as useless yet some people still think Bilic walks on water.
No thanks. 

Next.
Find me a manager who HASNT made the occasional blunder in the transfer market.
(05-20-2021, 06:33 AM)clem4england Wrote:

It's still a no for me
Super Slav bought Grant for many millions more than Burke. He is just as useless yet some people still think Bilic walks on water.

He's really not. Grant scored 6 more goals last season than Burke has in his entire career. It shouldn't be a shock to anyone that a 22 year old wide player played as a lone striker in the Premier League wasn't going to work out, however that doesn't make him useless.
It's a no from me
(05-19-2021, 09:32 PM)Bortolazzi's Barnet Wrote: I think I'd rather have Jokanovic.

Just please not Appleton.

Why not Appleton? *

*answer must not contain a reference to Giles Barnes.
We can't afford to be choosy.
Wilder achieved promotion with an average squad.
Some on here seem to think our squad is at a very good level for next season.

As it stands I don't personally

Once MP & SJ have gone and the loanees have returned to their parent clubs, who'll be left?

On the plus side we'll have Diangana if he regains his form of last year and stays fit.
Grant if he scores consistently 
Robinson who should be decent at that level
Townsend
O'Shea

After them we're left with

JL, RS, HRK, Bartley, Ajayi, Philips.

We'll need a new manager asap & then need at least half a dozen new players if we're going to compete.

Our recruitment over the past few years has mainly been pants.
We have an owner that wants to sell and investment will be minimal which is probably why SA has walked.

Sorry but I think we're down for a while.
(05-20-2021, 06:45 AM)Sliced Wrote:
(05-20-2021, 06:33 AM)clem4england Wrote:

It's still a no for me

He's really not. Grant scored 6 more goals last season than Burke has in his entire career. It shouldn't be a shock to anyone that a 22 year old wide player played as a lone striker in the Premier League wasn't going to work out, however that doesn't make him useless.

Correct. Spending all summer bargaining over Grant to be our main striker in the Premier League was not a good call...but let’s not forget his goal scoring record in the league were about to drop in to us pretty fucking good.