Mike Dean- the Merseyside man
So our ref today is from Heswall, 10 miles from Liverpool. 
WTF?
This is wrong in so many ways. An obvious potential conflict of interest.

Out of interest does any one know who was at Stockley Park today?
(05-16-2021, 10:09 PM)Jack Halford Wrote: This is wrong in so many ways. An obvious potential conflict of interest.

Stevie Wonder.
(05-16-2021, 10:14 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(05-16-2021, 10:09 PM)Jack Halford Wrote: This is wrong in so many ways. An obvious potential conflict of interest.

Stevie Wonder.

Bound to have been another Scouser. I'll say Paul McCartney.

John Bishop
Steven Gerrard.
Surely this fucker is nearing retirement.
I don't have a problem with this.

Everyone knows Dean is a Tranmere fan, for one. But even if he was previously a Liverpool fan, that we don't  believe he has any integrity and wouldn't be capable of doing a professional job.

We don't make the same judgements on players and managers who must often come into opposition with teams they supported.

I tend to think if you have made it to the top either as a player or a referee, you probably were too involved in that, ever really to be a one eyed fan of any particular club.
It makes no difference who he supports, he's crap.
(05-17-2021, 07:08 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote: I don't have a problem with this.

Everyone knows Dean is a Tranmere fan, for one. But even if he was previously a Liverpool fan, that we don't  believe he has any integrity and wouldn't be capable of doing a professional job.

We don't make the same judgements on players and managers who must often come into opposition with teams they supported.

I tend to think if you have made it to the top either as a player or a referee, you probably were too involved in that, ever really to be a one eyed fan of any particular club.

+1.