The treatment of Romaine Sawyers & Kyle Edwards
(05-17-2021, 06:59 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(05-17-2021, 02:58 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(05-17-2021, 12:08 AM)chasetownbaggie Wrote:
(05-16-2021, 09:27 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(05-16-2021, 09:22 PM)Super_Slav Wrote: Of course it does.

They both bleed blue and white and care deeply about the club.

If Sawyers played like he gave even half a fuck, maybe he’d make it on the bench... last time Sam gave him a crack he kicked it in his own net from 30 yds out.

Edwards, lovely lad by all accounts but not good enough for the PL. If he loved the club as much as claimed, maybe he’d have signed one of the new deals Slav offered instead of asking for the same as what Harper had got, completely disregarding the fact Harper had broken into the side, established himself and was earning rave reviews and attracting attention from bigger clubs.

Tbf, I always thought Edwards was better than Harper.

Christ. That's like saying that Syphilis is better than Gonorrhea. 

I wouldn't want either of them.

Neither warrant this type of ott criticism they are both decent Championship players. Players all have their level and top half Championship is a lot better than those criticising them on here have ever reached.

True, I’ve always said Sawyers will have a part to play in the Champ for us next season. He’s not up to the PL, and that’s fine.

Some people get so desperate to scapegoat and have a pop they start to obsess over truly ridiculous things, like the fact that he chews gum.

If Sawyers played like he gave even half a fuck, maybe he’d make it on the bench... last time Sam gave him a crack he kicked it in his own net from 30 yds out.

Edwards, lovely lad by all accounts but not good enough for the PL. If he loved the club as much as claimed, maybe he’d have signed one of the new deals Slav offered instead of asking for the same as what Harper had got, completely disregarding the fact Harper had broken into the side, established himself and was earning rave reviews and attracting attention from bigger clubs.

Neither warrant this type of ott criticism they are both decent Championship players. Players all have their level and top half Championship is a lot better than those criticising them on here have ever reached.

So you can't have an opinion unless you've played at top level?
(05-17-2021, 07:12 AM)Remi_Moses Wrote:
(05-16-2021, 09:27 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: If Sawyers played like he gave even half a fuck, maybe he’d make it on the bench... last time Sam gave him a crack he kicked it in his own net from 30 yds out.

Did I say that? Just reminding a few armchair critics they are at a level most of us would never reach. However the main point was using an STD analogy to make a point about two perfectly capable Championship players was ott and unnecessary.  Players don’t pick the level they play at long term their ability does and that isn’t something most can alter through hard work it’s simply the level they are capable of playing. It’s a bit daft criticising them for reaching the zenith of their ability when there is little they can do about it.

Sawyers was our only player chosen by his fellow pros in the championship team of the season all of 11 months ago.
Whose opinion is worth more? 
He's an excellent championship player.
I hope Edwardo has a successful career, but it looks like it won't be with us.
(05-17-2021, 07:21 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(05-17-2021, 12:08 AM)chasetownbaggie Wrote: Tbf, I always thought Edwards was better than Harper.

Did I say that? Just reminding a few armchair critics they are at a level most of us would never reach. However the main point was using an STD analogy to make a point about two perfectly capable Championship players was ott and unnecessary.  Players don’t pick the level they play at long term their ability does and that isn’t something most can alter through hard work it’s simply the level they are capable of playing. It’s a bit daft criticising them for reaching the zenith of their ability when there is little they can do about it.

Yes Dek you implied it. 
Arn't we all armchair critics?
Sometimes just sometimes it's players attitudes which determines how far they go in the game.
(05-17-2021, 07:49 AM)Remi_Moses Wrote:
(05-17-2021, 07:21 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(05-17-2021, 02:58 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: Christ. That's like saying that Syphilis is better than Gonorrhea. 

Yes Dek you implied it. 
Arn't we all armchair critics?
Sometimes just sometimes it's players attitudes which determines how far they go in the game.

You can take whatever you want from my post. I’m happy to defend the players in question from the unnecessary criticism simply due to the club playing one level above what they are capable of doing well. Attitude/ personality / mindset / confidence they are all part of a players ability just as much as physical attributes.
Both Sawyers and Edwards are very capable players and home grown. Sawyers will probably be used by us next season as he has shown his worth in the championship, Edwards looks to have the ability but for me won’t make it in premiership side a lot like the other 3 Field , Harper and Leko. He will make an excellent living out of football though.
I don't see Sawyers starting for us next season if Allardyce is manager. Not his type of player at all. I think he might be off.
(05-17-2021, 10:23 AM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: I don't see Sawyers starting for us next season if Allardyce is manager. Not his type of player at all. I think he might be off.

We would get a decent fee for him too.
(05-17-2021, 10:43 AM)baggiebloke Wrote:
(05-17-2021, 10:23 AM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: I don't see Sawyers starting for us next season if Allardyce is manager. Not his type of player at all. I think he might be off.

We would get a decent fee for him too.

How much?