The treatment of Romaine Sawyers & Kyle Edwards
Tbf I would have liked to see Edwards get more of a chance, raw talent is there.

However at the same time, I can't see any time this season he should have played over anyone else.

I think he could do with a clean break now, but I'm not sure he's quite going to make it at the top level, Championship level yes.
Sawyers, played far more than his ability and form suggest.
(05-16-2021, 09:27 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(05-16-2021, 09:22 PM)Super_Slav Wrote:
(05-16-2021, 09:21 PM)Duffers Wrote: Who they support means fuck all.

Of course it does.

They both bleed blue and white and care deeply about the club.

If Sawyers played like he gave even half a fuck, maybe he’d make it on the bench... last time Sam gave him a crack he kicked it in his own net from 30 yds out.

Edwards, lovely lad by all accounts but not good enough for the PL. If he loved the club as much as claimed, maybe he’d have signed one of the new deals Slav offered instead of asking for the same as what Harper had got, completely disregarding the fact Harper had broken into the side, established himself and was earning rave reviews and attracting attention from bigger clubs.

He was showing our strikers how easy it is to score without even looking where the goal is Big Grin
I told you I’ll be back

Of course it does.

If Sawyers played like he gave even half a fuck, maybe he’d make it on the bench... last time Sam gave him a crack he kicked it in his own net from 30 yds out.

Edwards, lovely lad by all accounts but not good enough for the PL. If he loved the club as much as claimed, maybe he’d have signed one of the new deals Slav offered instead of asking for the same as what Harper had got, completely disregarding the fact Harper had broken into the side, established himself and was earning rave reviews and attracting attention from bigger clubs.

Sawyers last appearance was against Tottenham where he went toe to toe against Hoijberg. 

As for Edwards - utter tripe!

Wasn’t asking for anywhere near £10k.

(05-16-2021, 09:30 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Tbf I would have liked to see Edwards get more of a chance, raw talent is there.

However at the same time, I can't see any time this season he should have played over anyone else.

I think he could do with a clean break now, but I'm not sure he's quite going to make it at the top level, Championship level yes.

Thoughts on Tulloch Birdy? Do you think he’ll do better than Edwards?
Tulloch is highly rated, not seen near enough to say if he'll make it.
Edwards should have gone out on loan. He needs to play football every week.
(05-16-2021, 09:32 PM)Super_Slav Wrote:

Of course it does.

Sawyers last appearance was against Tottenham where he went toe to toe against Hoijberg. 

(05-16-2021, 09:30 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Tbf I would have liked to see Edwards get more of a chance, raw talent is there.

You’ve spent the last year claiming Edwards just wanted the same as Harper FFS.
(05-16-2021, 09:59 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(05-16-2021, 09:32 PM)Super_Slav Wrote:

Of course it does.

You’ve spent the last year claiming Edwards just wanted the same as Harper FFS.

I’m sure Cuzer knows the deal regarding this
While we would like to see any of our academy kids given a run of games, who are we going to drop to make way for them.
None have them have made the grade, when out on loan none have busted a gut to prove worthy of a return to the 1st team.
Field is the only one who can hold his head high IMO.
As for being poorly treated, give me some of that £10K a week Harper gets.
What another stupid post SS
Sawyers is absolutely not a defensive CM. Played in the right role he might just about be PL standard. Personally I doubt it. Very good Championship player though and will be an asset next season.

Edwards also a very decent Championship player and is certainly young enough to improve. Needs to be playing though. We should have sent him out on loan this season but that was never going to happen if he didn't sign a new contract first. I suspect he's a goner next week, but if he signs a new contract I wouldn't be upset but he needs regular pitch time next season regardless, as does Harper. Whether it's with us or elsewhere is another matter. Both or neither may be our player next season.