Lincoln
Talking of 3-3s that was the score in my nipper's game today. 3-0 down just before half-time against a team in the top division (who actually pay their coaches and try and nick players off other teams). Heads never went down and absolutely blitzed them second half and should have actually won it but felt as good as a win.
Using the budget to league placing stat he has Lincoln punching well, well above where they should be. I saw something earlier in the season which said they were 12th out of 24 for budget.

Add to that that they have had chronic injury problems to key players only recently where they couldn't fill their subs bench I'd say he's done a cracking job.

Don't really get the piss taking tbh. Fair enough he might not be right for us just yet but it shouldn't diminish what he has achieved for them this season. Hope he gets them up personally. He's well respected as a coach and his teams play some decent stuff.
(05-01-2021, 06:54 PM)wba13 Wrote: A bit unlucky at the end, if that’s a penalty my aunts my uncle never touched him he just dived. Complete cheat and ref fell for it.

Saw it earlier. Joke decision. Guy took a desperate swan-dive, any ref with half a brain should have seen that.
My original post wasn't a pisstake, I was hoping they'd sneak 2nd, now hoping they make it in the playoffs. Got a lot of time for Appy!
If it weren't for Allardyce being in situ, I'd be happy with Appleton. Even over Wilder because I don't think we should be employing anyone who believes Burke is a footballer.
(05-01-2021, 07:49 PM)MrFizz Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 06:54 PM)wba13 Wrote: A bit unlucky at the end, if that’s a penalty my aunts my uncle never touched him he just dived. Complete cheat and ref fell for it.

Saw it earlier. Joke decision. Guy took a desperate swan-dive, any ref with half a brain should have seen that.

Problem is I'm not entirely confident we're overly stocked with referees who are in possession of at least half a brain.
I think the ref may have given the penalty for the deliberate block before the dive. The defender made no attempt to get to the ball, he simply blocked the attacker from getting to it. Given where the ball was it was hardly an accident or shielding the ball.

If he gave it for the dive then that was a stupid idea.
Derek Hardballs Wrote:I think the ref may have given the penalty for the deliberate block before the dive. The defender made no attempt to get to the ball, he simply blocked the attacker from getting to it. Given where the ball was it was hardly an accident or shielding the ball.

If he gave it for the dive then that was a stupid idea.

???? What deliberate block? Do you mean the Lincoln #2 who originally challenged for the ball?

If you are on about the Lincoln player who was involved when the Peterborough player went to ground then there was absolutely no block from that player. The Lincoln player is nowhere near the ball. The Peterborough player jumps over the ball and throws himself a considerable distance in order to make contact with the Lincoln player. The Lincoln player sees this and tries to avoid getting clattered but is unable to do so.

At no point in the incident can it be said that any Lincoln player impeded a Peterborough player.

The decision by the ref to award a penalty was along the same lines as the one Charlton were awarded against us last season and Chelsea under Clarke. Piss poor refereeing.