Ferenc's Dad
You selling off the family silver Ferenc?

RAY WESTWOOD BOLTON WANDERERS & ENGLAND 1934 AUTOGRAPH | eBay
NO I AY ! ... I've got his Caps one's against Germany, when the Germans did the Heil Hitler salute, I think we won 3-0, and a couple of my own, one's me ode Baggies baseball cap , now old and faded, which I wear up the match, and the others an MG cap, which I wear when I tek me 1957 MGA Roadster out, for Classic car shows. But I'd sell them two if anybody wants 'em !.  Big Grin ps and the car if the offers right !
(05-02-2021, 08:56 AM)ferencpuskas Wrote: NO I AY ! ... I've got his Caps one's against Germany, when the Germans did the Heil Hitler salute, I think we won 3-0, and a couple of my own, one's me ode Baggies baseball cap , now old and faded, which I wear up the match, and the others an MG cap, which I wear when I tek me 1957 MGA Roadster out, for Classic car shows. But I'd sell them two if anybody wants 'em !.  Big Grin ps and the car if the offers right !

My dad used to have a MGA Roadster he restored in his collection. When he passed away I wanted to keep one of the cars but went for the Austin Healey 3000
(05-02-2021, 08:56 AM)ferencpuskas Wrote: NO I AY ! ... I've got his Caps one's against Germany, when the Germans did the Heil Hitler salute, I think we won 3-0, and a couple of my own, one's me ode Baggies baseball cap , now old and faded, which I wear up the match, and the others an MG cap, which I wear when I tek me 1957 MGA Roadster out, for Classic car shows. But I'd sell them two if anybody wants 'em !.  Big Grin ps and the car if the offers right !

Ferenc, how come lads like him didn't get picked-up by us or any other local club? I mean to go on to play for England, he must have stood out as a kid so did any local clubs ever come knocking for him?
(05-02-2021, 08:05 PM)Bortolazzi's Barnet Wrote:

Ferenc, how come lads like him didn't get picked-up by us or any other local club? I mean to go on to play for England, he must have stood out as a kid so did any local clubs ever come knocking for him?

According to wiki he played for Stourbridge before signing for Bolton.
I told you I’ll be back
(05-03-2021, 07:49 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:

According to wiki he played for Stourbridge before signing for Bolton.

I meant professional, local clubs.

YES he had a trial for the Villa, they turned him down, said he wasn't big enough, fact that he was like lightning, with wonderful control dain't matter  Big Grin 5 years later he made his England debut, Stanley Mathews also made his that day.

(05-02-2021, 10:43 AM)Brandywell Wrote:

My dad used to have a MGA Roadster he restored in his collection. When he passed away I wanted to keep one of the cars but went for the Austin Healey 3000
Good choice, Brandy, I've always been an MG man since 1963. Went for the "A"s cos I couldn't afford an XK 140 at that time . Still can't !  Big Grin