Don Goodman
(04-13-2021, 04:57 PM)tiptontown Wrote: To be fair I don't think he's been too bad in recent times, but he'll take some forgiving for how bias he was for the dings 5-1.

Wolves were right in it at HT, and he fully expected them to come out and win the second half.

Tit.
(04-13-2021, 06:05 PM)Supamart Wrote: I don’t like him.

That sir is your given right as a God fearing meat popsicle.
This Dingle Don nonsense is just that, nothing but praise for us when you speak to him in the flesh, nothing but found memories of the club, always involved in ex player events etc

No doubt he has time for the Dingles too but I've never thought for one jot he's ever been overly critical of us on commentary

As you say was certainly full of praise v Southampton

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
(04-15-2021, 09:56 AM)Cuzer Wrote: This Dingle Don nonsense is just that, nothing but praise for us when you speak to him in the flesh, nothing but found memories of the club, always involved in ex player events etc

No doubt he has time for the Dingles too but I've never thought for one jot he's ever been overly critical of us on commentary

As you say was certainly full of praise v Southampton

Cuzer

All well and good Cuzer, but last season he was without doubt overly negative. I’d like to believe it’s down to overcompensating and wanting to not come over as biased, but the way he gushed over the Dingles every time puts pay to that theory.

He has been much better this season, but some of his previous commentaries have been awful.
I hear it SW4 but I've never really heard it in person, always said that, he's paid to give his opinion, to me he gives just that, sure at times he's been critical but at times we've deserved it

I remember last season early part of the season under Slav he was very complimentary of our football and critical when we didn't live up to previous performances which for a pundit is fair enough IMO

Each to their own, I know he gets a lot of stick but he's alright by me, tells it how he sees it

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
The Sheff Wed away game did it for me.

He thought Hegazi was lucky not to get a straight red for deliberately fouling their man as it was overly cynical. He then later thought that one of the payers should have “taken one for the team” and committed a cynical/professional foul on Harvey Barnes.

I’ve met him at a few local sporting events and he’s always claimed to like us all equally when questioned on it and does talk fondly about it.

I also saw him in the Jack Hayward bar in the Billy Wright the season they beat is 1-0 in the league (the Matt Murray v Kamara show) and he wasn’t undercover like I was.

I’m sure he has fond memories of the Albion but he’s very much on their side in where his support lies.
滚开赖
Goodman has his favourites in every game he watches. A lot of the time when we play it seems to be whoever we're playing against. However, every time I've heard him commentate he seems to be obviously biased against one of the teams playing and it's absolutely not based upon performance.
Oh, and lets not forget his one man crusade to get Gayle banned for that dive against Forest...