Last Night
Gallagher was a breath of fresh air when he arrived here. Gave us many things we had missed in midfield, ( endless energy tackling, a few goals etc.) After the January window when we recruited Okay, Snodgrass, AMN he became less noticeable . However whenever we played against him last season I thought he was a constant menace and wished we had someone like him in our team. I think he will go on to be a regular player for someone in the Premier League, but not Chelsea and will always be glad of the season he spent with us.
(04-13-2021, 08:03 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(04-13-2021, 03:06 PM)Dumbo Wrote: Pretty spot on there mate.

Think I’d bump Periera up half a mark though and think you’re being slightly harsh on Gallagher but bang on for the rest.

Agree with this.

Think Gallagher was maybe overrated by us given how much of an upgrade he was on Sawyers and Jake. Now we have two very good PL midfielders his lack of quality is showing. He’ll have a career in the PL, but not sure he’ll make it to Chelsea’s level.

Decent write up Manc.
If that's true (I'm not so sure), he'd be great for us!
On the game itself, I thought we were tremendous first half, the best half of football we have played this season, the second half at Burnley ran it close, but goals made the difference.
I was a little  disappointed  by the second half, playing more conservatively was fine, but I felt we were very  sloppy in possession,  especially in our own half. But at least we defended our penalty box well.

On Gallagher, I have always thought that he lacks composure and a bit of discipline at key moments.Has great stamina and energy and has all the key ingredients  to make a decent premiership player. I think we forget how young he still is and maybe all he really needs is experience.
He has many of the same attributes  that AMN has, but I think the letters added experience gives him the edge over Gallager, and I don't think there is room for both of them in the team.
(04-13-2021, 03:25 PM)HawkingsHalfpint Wrote: Can't disagree with any of that. Good marks.

Back-to-back wins now; what was even more positive is that it wasn't a weak side we faced either (nor one reduced down to 10 as per the previous week). Stopped them scoring and for the vast majority of the game we bossed it.

As said on another thread nearby, just disappointing this couldn't be the case earlier on in the season. No point debating all of this all over again though!

Why not for heaven's sake!   Wink
(04-14-2021, 07:07 AM)Johnnykayeengland Wrote:

Think I’d bump Periera up half a mark though and think you’re being slightly harsh on Gallagher but bang on for the rest.

Agree with this.

Think Gallagher was maybe overrated by us given how much of an upgrade he was on Sawyers and Jake. Now we have two very good PL midfielders his lack of quality is showing. He’ll have a career in the PL, but not sure he’ll make it to Chelsea’s level.

Decent write up Manc.

Have to remember CG has only just turned 21, and is playing his first season at this level. He already looks competent, or at least looks better than Livermore and Sawyers, and was a stand out player in the Champ last year so it would be foolish to discard him as a PL player in the future.... however he's only a year younger than Mason Mount and for all his potential, I can't see him getting to the level he'll need to to trouble Chelsea's first team.

I can certainly see them making a tidy profit with another loan fee or two, before selling him for £10m+ in the next couple years.
(04-14-2021, 11:28 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:

Agree with this.

Decent write up Manc.

Have to remember CG has only just turned 21, and is playing his first season at this level. He already looks competent, or at least looks better than Livermore and Sawyers, and was a stand out player in the Champ last year so it would be foolish to discard him as a PL player in the future.... however he's only a year younger than Mason Mount and for all his potential, I can't see him getting to the level he'll need to to trouble Chelsea's first team.

I can certainly see them making a tidy profit with another loan fee or two, before selling him for £10m+ in the next couple years.

I think this is about right. PL will definitely be his level, but unless he improves monumentally in the next couple of years I don't think he'll be a regular feature in a top 6 midfield
(04-14-2021, 11:31 AM)Sliced Wrote:
(04-14-2021, 11:28 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:

Agree with this.

Decent write up Manc.

I think this is about right. PL will definitely be his level, but unless he improves monumentally in the next couple of years I don't think he'll be a regular feature in a top 6 midfield

He brings to mind a sort of cross between James McClean, Derek McInnes and AJ.  Not in looks.
(04-14-2021, 06:36 AM)lesley Wrote: Gallagher was a breath of fresh air when he arrived here. Gave us many things we had missed in midfield, ( endless energy tackling, a few goals etc.) After the January window when we recruited Okay, Snodgrass, AMN he became less noticeable . However whenever we played against him last season I thought he was a constant menace and wished we had someone like him in our team. I think he will go on to be a regular player for someone in the Premier League, but not Chelsea and will always be glad of the season he spent with us.
Good post Lesley.