After watching for the third time
The win was unbelievable, but the performance was sublime, every goal was created by some excellent team work, glorious passing and superb finishing.....cannot fault anyone and can’t praise anyone enough.

The end.
I'm disappointed we only got five.

Typical Albion.
(04-04-2021, 07:23 AM)baggiebloke Wrote: I'm disappointed we only got five.

Typical Albion.

Correct.

Hit the bar and Periera should have scored his 1 on 1.

Championship rubbish.
I still cannot understand why Werner was not flagged for offside when he received the ball to set up Mounts goal for Chelsea's second.

He was ambling back upfield from the previous attack, when the ball was played forward on their left side he was a mile offside and never got back onside before getting in our penalty area and receiving the pass to set up Mount.

In the old days the flag would have gone up as soon as the initial pass was made down their left, however I thought the new rule was that as he had not got back onside he should have been flagged once he became active and received the pass.

If that is acceptable you may as well employ a goal hanger to stand in the oppositions box for the duration of the game. Big Grin
Werner was onside when the ball was played to him by virtue of being behind the ball at that point. He was only behind the ball because the ball, when it was played down the left hand side, "overtook" him.

At no point was any outfield Albion player closer to our goal line than Werner in that particular passage of play, which is what annoys me about this, and similar, "non-offsides".

It does reward goal hanging, without a doubt.
(04-04-2021, 12:49 PM)baggie_ray Wrote: Werner was onside when the ball was played to him by virtue of being behind the ball at that point. He was only behind the ball because the ball, when it was played down the left hand side, "overtook" him.

At no point was any outfield Albion player closer to our goal line than Werner in that particular passage of play, which is what annoys me about this, and similar, "non-offsides".

It does reward goal hanging, without a doubt.

So at no point is he really back on-side and gained an advantage from that. 

It’s a bit like the potential red card for Silva in the first few minutes that only got at he briefest of mentions on MOTD, which happens to be the only media outlet I’ve heard or seen mention it.  Didn’t cost us on the day but could have.
滚开赖
No clean sheet - yours BFS
Rustynail Wrote:I still cannot understand why Werner was not flagged for offside when he received the ball to set up Mounts goal for Chelsea's second.

He was ambling back upfield from the previous attack, when the ball was played forward on their left side he was a mile offside and never got back onside before getting in our penalty area and receiving the pass to set up Mount.

In the old days the flag would have gone up as soon as the initial pass was made down their left, however I thought the new rule was that as he had not got back onside he should have been flagged once he became active and received the pass.

If that is acceptable you may as well employ a goal hanger to stand in the oppositions box for the duration of the game. Big Grin
This. I genuinely don't know what the rule is anymore. He is offside in 99% of all the games I've ever seen.
Also, didn't we recently have a goal disallowed for pretty much the same positioning as CR's when he banged in our 5th?
Note, that last sentence is something I've not written any time recently.