He's just a long ball merchant
I thought we were absolutely superb. If he'd been here from the start we would have been safe as houses.
(04-03-2021, 01:43 PM)Jezstatham Wrote: I thought we were absolutely superb. If he'd been here from the start we would have been safe as houses.

Quite but now we are looking at better options like Appleton and a bloke whose had one and three quarters seasons experience as a Prem manager...and would have ended it by getting relegated.
(04-03-2021, 01:45 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(04-03-2021, 01:43 PM)Jezstatham Wrote: I thought we were absolutely superb. If he'd been here from the start we would have been safe as houses.

Quite but now we are looking at better options like Appleton abs a bloke whose had one and three quarters experience as a Prem manager...

Yawn.....
(04-03-2021, 01:49 PM)Peachy Wrote:

Quite but now we are looking at better options like Appleton abs a bloke whose had one and three quarters experience as a Prem manager...

Yawn.....

We’ve just won 5-2, I thought you’d like to know as you seem rather down about it.
The first goal was from a long ball to be fair. A very good long ball.
fantastic performance but....

if allardyce is the answer then why has he completley under used robinson?

two of our last three wins have come with robinson playing the majority of the game.

i still would not want allardyce here next year
So to summarise, in our three wins under Allardyce this one was because he was forced to make a decision, the wolves one was because they gave us a penalty, and the Brighton one was because the opposition just didn't know how to score. None of them had anything to do with the manager or his in game decisions.

When Bilic was manager and we were pathetic week in week out it was all down to the players, even though they were the team Bilic built.

Yeah alright

We have more goals per game, less conceded per game, more points per game. If what we had at the start of the season and the end of last season was "progressive football" then I don't miss it.

I actually think someone could have done a better job than both Bilic and Allardyce this season, but if it's a toss up between the two then there's no competition. Bilic signed his mates and we weren't good enough, Allardyce on a minuscule budget identified what we needed and, too late, turned us into a competitive team.

Quite but now we are looking at better options like Appleton and a bloke whose had one and three quarters seasons experience as a Prem manager...and would have ended it by getting relegated.
and spent 50 million quid to be below us takes some doing Tongue

Let’s not get carried away...Allardyce is as much to blame for our current lack of points as anyone. 

The recurring theme of dropping back when leading against Fulham and SU, the baffling substitutions and failure to use certain players and that’s ignoring the shambles he presided over during his first few games. 

Today is very much a blip in what has been a very underwhelming tenure so far.

The big difference is Okay’s presence in midfield and Diagne’s hold up play... regardless of who we had in the dug out, if they’d arrived in the summer we’d be much closer to 17th.
(04-03-2021, 02:09 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:

Let’s not get carried away...Allardyce is as much to blame for our current lack of points as anyone. 

The recurring theme of dropping back when leading against Fulham and SU, the baffling substitutions and failure to use certain players and that’s ignoring the shambles he presided over during his first few games. 

Today is very much a blip in what has been a very underwhelming tenure so far.

The big difference is Okay’s presence in midfield and Diagne’s hold up play... regardless of who we had in the dug out, if they’d arrived in the summer we’d be much closer to 17th.

+1