17 million?!?
I know this is the Mail and should be taken with an entire mine’s worth of salt... but would we really only be after £17m for Pereira??

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/f...ssion=true

Consider the impact that he, a proven Championship performer, could have on our promotion prospects I’d see he’s worth at least twice that bare minimum.
They're citing UOL though who are fairly reliable

£17m is a piss take
(04-01-2021, 06:09 PM)Duffers Wrote: I know this is the Mail and should be taken with an entire mine’s worth of salt... but would we really only be after £17m for Pereira??

Consider the impact that he, a proven Championship performer, could have on our promotion prospects I’d see he’s worth at least twice that bare minimum.

About right.

I think he may be worth 20m but no more.

I can't see anyone paying much more than that for him. Who'd buy him?

Edit: I know the date but you really think that we'd get 34m for him?
(04-01-2021, 06:14 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
(04-01-2021, 06:09 PM)Duffers Wrote: I know this is the Mail and should be taken with an entire mine’s worth of salt... but would we really only be after £17m for Pereira??

About right.

How much did Benrahman go for? Or Watkins? In this market then yeah I’d say that’s a fair valuation.

Put it another way, would £17m buy a player of equivalent quality to play in the Champ next year? Considering the riches available for promotion and the difference he could make to our chances then I would argue he is worth considerably more to us than £17m and any transfer fee should reflect that. If nobody pays it then fine, he stays.
(04-01-2021, 06:23 PM)Duffers Wrote:

About right.

How much did Benrahman go for? Or Watkins? In this market then yeah I’d say that’s a fair valuation.

Put it another way, would £17m buy a player of equivalent quality to play in the Champ next year? Considering the riches available for promotion and the difference he could make to our chances then I would argue he is worth considerably more to us than £17m and any transfer fee should reflect that. If nobody pays it then fine, he stays.

I dont think his performances in this division have warranted a huge transfer fee.

As daft as it sounds players like Watkins and Benhrama were unknowns and clubs take the risk. Pereira has shown his hand and, at best, he's a poor to average Premiership player.

About right.

Correct.

Better player than Benrhama who went for £30m, and his impact in terms of goals / assists in the Champ and PL is up there with Buendia who was being linked with £40m moves. He’s shown when given freedom he can play at this level, and has plenty of time on his contract... £30m this summer or £20m next.
(04-01-2021, 06:27 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:

About right.

I dont think his performances in this division have warranted a huge transfer fee.

As daft as it sounds players like Watkins and Benhrama were unknowns and clubs take the risk. Pereira has shown his hand and, at best, he's a poor to average Premiership player.

But that doesn’t matter, we as the selling club determine his value. We either sell him on our terms or not at all, which is why it seems daft to undervalue him as we appear to be.
(04-01-2021, 06:30 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:

About right.

Correct.

Better player than Benrhama who went for £30m, and his impact in terms of goals / assists in the Champ and PL is up there with Buendia who was being linked with £40m moves. He’s shown when given freedom he can play at this level, and has plenty of time on his contract... £30m this summer or £20m next.

Nah, can't see it. Hope you're right.

I think Benhrama was vastly overpriced by the way.

(04-01-2021, 06:30 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(04-01-2021, 06:27 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:

About right.

But that doesn’t matter, we as the selling club determine his value. We either sell him on our terms or not at all, which is why it seems daft to undervalue him as we appear to be.

Opening value. Chuck a figure in and let clubs fight? Incidentally, which clubs do you think would go for Pereira?
I could see a few mid-table PL clubs in need of a bit of midfield creativity being interested - sides like Southampton or Brighton for instance. He’s still young enough to develop and prosper in a more stable environment.

But we shouldn’t accept a low valuation just because that’s how much the buying club wants to pay.

£30m bare minimum or he stays would be my position.
(04-01-2021, 06:37 PM)Duffers Wrote: I could see a few mid-table PL clubs in need of a bit of midfield creativity being interested - sides like Southampton or Brighton for instance. He’s still young enough to develop and prosper in a more stable environment.

But we shouldn’t accept a low valuation just because that’s how much the buying club wants to pay.

£30m bare minimum or he stays would be my position.

He stays then.

Let's face it he's a superstar in the Championship.