France going into a 3rd national lockdown
(04-01-2021, 08:02 PM)Bortolazzi's Barnet Wrote: Aplogies, Macron wasn't one who made an issue of the AZ side-effects. He just dubbed it 'quasi-ineffective' for over 65s, as thoughb there are some sort of physiological changes at that age rendering it ineffective. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/55919245

The reason is the same. Deflect from the procurement farce.

I don't know if the PMs of Denmark and Netherlands are Trumpian but they have the same motivation to try to cover-up for the joke EU procurement. I wonder how many refused vaccines and died or were in a chain of causation leading to deaths as a result?

Although blindly defending anything vaguely EU is your raison d'etre I suppose...

In my earlier post I said that the collectivist EU approach was a weakness and that the UK vaccine program was a benefit of Brexit (making the score currently 10000000 - 1). With that in mind I don't agree I'm "blindly defending" the EU at all.

As Borin' said, individual members were perfectly within their rights to plough their own furrow but the likes of Macron don't have the nuts to go against the grain. There's plenty to criticise about the EU. It's a neo-liberal, right-wing capitalist wet dream (which makes it weirder that the UK idiot-right decided they hate it. Foreigners though, eh). It's just that the opportunities and outcomes (we love that word don't we?) for British people were much much much much better as a member than outwith. 

Macron is many things but a maniacal sociopath isn't one of them so I'll never agree with any comparisons to Trump. Going from having one of the best initial responses to the pandemic and cases almost vanishing in the summer to one of the worst over the past 6 months is pretty bloody disappointing though and I completely agree that they are trying to deflect from their crap procurement.

Messages In This Thread
RE: France going into a 3rd national lockdown - by ChamonixBaggie - 04-02-2021, 06:55 AM