Walsall
Chance they could drop out of the Football League. Perilously close to the bottom 2 of League Two.
Always had a soft spot for them.
Grimsby also looking like they could drop.
I don't wish Walsall ill, but que será, será...
The Saddlers got a point in the end.

Meanwhile, a certain Wes Hoolahan got an assist in the 90th minute to ensure Cambridge stay top of the table.
I've got a big soft spot for Walsall as my Grandad supported them. My old man used to take me in the 80's when Albion were away. I remember they had a decent little side with Kelly, Cross and Christie upfront. Also remember Kenny mower and David Preece in midfield who was a cracking little player.

I hope they stay up....
Had a good friend who was a Walsall fan and had a few decent days out there... they signed some decent players when Ray Graydon’s mate was a full time scout in Portugal (known as The Sun Tan Man).

Felt we missed a trick not signing José Junior or Leitao when they were there. Very tidy players indeed.
Always felt sorry for them as a club being so much in the shadow of every other club around them. We’ve 5 well supported clubs in the W Mids with 20,000-35,000 hard core fans and then them with 4,000 or so.
Despite living in the W Mids virtually all my life bar about 3 years the number of Saddlers fans I’ve met I could count on the fingers of one hand.
My mom and dads next door neighbour was a Walsall fan and me and my dad used to go with him to midweek games at Bescot if Albion weren't playing. The era of Kenny Hibbit as manager, i think they had Derek Mountfield, a certain Dean Smith, Chris Marsh, Martin O'Connor, Kevin Wilson. They were good to watch and an inexpensive alternative to sitting in front of the box.
(03-27-2021, 06:54 PM)Peachy Wrote: I've got a big soft spot for Walsall as my Grandad supported them. My old man used to take me in the 80's when Albion were away. I remember they had a decent little side with Kelly, Cross and Christie upfront. Also remember Kenny mower and David Preece in midfield who was a cracking little player.

I hope they stay up....

Kenny used to booze in the fingerpost in Pelsall when I used to work in there between uni years. 

Sure hes a sparky now.   Huh
Their fans were a fiesty bunch, back in the day. Gave Liverpool fans a bit of jib at Anfield after a league cup game.
They'll stay up.

Didn't they used to stay in the league based only on elections for ages anyway?

(03-27-2021, 07:04 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Always felt sorry for them as a club being so much in the shadow of every other club around them. We’ve 5 well supported clubs in the W Mids with 20,000-35,000 hard core fans and then them with 4,000 or so.
Despite living in the W Mids virtually all my life bar about 3 years the number of Saddlers fans I’ve met I could count on the fingers of one hand.

Six then?  Big Grin