FAO All Posters
This has not been an easy post to write at all. However it needs to be done.

Several months ago now, the mods and myself received a very disturbing email from someone who felt very unwelcome here due to what he felt was barely hidden racism. It has also been mentioned more than once the thinly veiled misogyny of some people on the board and in response the mods and I have been watching things very closely, trying not to over-react, and in some cases maybe we've been very lenient to see how things play out.

Overall, I'm actually pretty disappointed by what has been seen, all nicely magnified by the last couple of weeks events. Quite frankly some of the posts on here have been quite upsetting.

So let me now make one thing clear to all.

The mods are now asked to adopt a zero tolerance policy to any racist, misogynistic, homophobic or transphobic content. This is possibly long overdue, but as we know I try to keep this relatively lightly moderated, but clearly that is a policy that cannot continue going forward due to some using it as an excuse and reason to see how far they can push boundaries. 

Basically, if your comment reinforces a stereotype based on sex, gender, race or otherwise, really think if you should be posting it, for example, if it's about a stereotype of a black person, would you say it to a black person? If you wouldn't, don't post it. If you would, but know it'll cause offence because you're edgy or "tell it as it is." Then don't post it, you're not edgy, you have the intelligence of a rotten cucumber. Does you post in anyway diminish the experiences of a set of people? Then probably better you don't post it.

I no longer care that it's just meant in jest or humour, this is now a zero tolerance zone for racism, misogyny, homophobia and other similar subjects.

This isn't a debate, it's an announcement.
Bravo.
Fair play Birdie.

Needed to be said.
It's a shame that such a hardline stance has to be taken but at times the abuse on this board has overstepped the mark. Don't disagree with your statement ... it does go beyond jest too often and the personal baiting goes so far that it becomes boring also.
Good luck .. such a thankless task at times.
Well said Birdie.

Threads mocking homosexuality (which some mods and poster actively encouraged the said writer to continue) have sickened me for many years, which I and other posters tried, unsuccessfully to stop.

Good riddance LAVVRO
(03-14-2021, 08:38 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: Well said Birdie.

Threads mocking homosexuality (which some mods actively encouraged) the said writer to continue have sickened me for many years, which I and other posters tried, unsuccessfully to stop.

Good riddance LAVVRO

LAVVRO wasn’t going to be back, it’s no longer appropriate. But your faux outrage is perhaps a little at odds with both a) your misogynistic conquests with which you once bragged to the bored, and b) the homophobic insult you once sent me by PM - a picture of which I still have somewhere - over something totally different. 

Aside from that, applaud the above. This place has been on the slide in terms of conduct to one another and in general since we were all locked away. Hard to believe at times that we all support the same team.
(03-14-2021, 08:47 PM)HawkingsHalfpint Wrote:
(03-14-2021, 08:38 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: Well said Birdie.

Threads mocking homosexuality (which some mods actively encouraged) the said writer to continue have sickened me for many years, which I and other posters tried, unsuccessfully to stop.

Good riddance LAVVRO

LAVVRO wasn’t going to be back, it’s no longer appropriate. But your faux outrage is perhaps a little at odds with both a) your misogynistic conquests with which you once bragged to the bored, and b) the homophobic insult you once sent me by PM - a picture of which I still have somewhere - over something totally different. 

Aside from that, applaud the above. This place has been on the slide in terms of conduct to one another and in general since we were all locked away. Hard to believe at times that we all support the same team.

Ahh, the author of the homophobic posts. Take a bow. I hope you’re proud of your perverted stories.
Still got your ‘any pole is a goal’ tee shirt?
(03-14-2021, 08:53 PM)HawkingsHalfpint Wrote: Still got your ‘any pole is a goal’ tee shirt?

It was “top ten reasons to visit Poland” followed by ten Polish female names.  That was a T shirt I bought in Poland. 

If you want to send all your “funny” stories to Mark Lawrenson, be my guest.
Seriously guys?