Poll: Still sticking to the Covid rules?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
76.74%
33 76.74%
No
23.26%
10 23.26%
Total 43 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Covid Lockdown rules - are you still sticking to them (Poll).
Me and the mrs have been isolating since August as I’m clinically extremely vulnerable, not even forming ‘bubbles’ as we need to eliminate as many risks as possible (not easy when we’ve 6 young grandkids). All shopping is delivered and even going outside is restricted to the garden, at least until the weekend when we will both be 22 days past our vaccines.
Yes totally. Been so busy on work projects that it's been a welcome restriction not being able to go out.

Since my O/H lives in Somerset we've had to travel down there a few times to make sure that her house is all in order. Apart from that, collecting/depositing the little ones and going into work when we've had goods to ship, been abiding by the rules 100%.

The only time I've bent the rules is grocery shopping. It's become quite common for me to forget things I actually went out for in the first place, hence going twice; sometimes even three times. Which can't be deliberate, since like many blokes I fugging hate shopping.
(03-11-2021, 01:18 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(03-11-2021, 01:09 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: I've said no. We have pretty much stuck to them, but had the outlaws around for a meal on NYE (not a party), so I have to say no.

It will be interesting to see if many families breach on Mothers Day, or have a "barbeque" on Easter Sunday.

You can have 6 people in gardens from the end of this month. I for one have planned a BBQ with my mates .

If it's pissing with rain, a fair few of those BBQs will happen indoors, I reckon!!
(03-11-2021, 02:07 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(03-11-2021, 01:18 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(03-11-2021, 01:09 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: I've said no. We have pretty much stuck to them, but had the outlaws around for a meal on NYE (not a party), so I have to say no.

It will be interesting to see if many families breach on Mothers Day, or have a "barbeque" on Easter Sunday.

You can have 6 people in gardens from the end of this month. I for one have planned a BBQ with my mates .

If it's pissing with rain, a fair few of those BBQs will happen indoors, I reckon!!

Mine’s weather permitting and will BAME the day nearer the time.  I’ve fitted new brackets so I can attach the sun canopy to the house to give some protection from the elements.

I may give the new pizza steel a go on the bbq.
I'm a no. Probably 95% yes but with a few indiscretions, cup of tea with my vaccinated mom n dad here and there when I've dropped off shopping.

BBQ planned for April but will definitely not be completely outside. I have a bar in my garage so will be in there for a brew.
On the Stourbridge to Brum train this morning there were PCSOs walking the carriages.

I assume checking face mask compliance, given the fact that they looked at every passenger...
I have to drive 25 miles to deliver shopping to my Mum who lives in an extra care independent unit set up, once every 2 weeks but I don't even get to see her. I have to leave it in reception and they deliver it to her flat. I'm not sure if that is a breach or not but I am the only one to do it. Apart from that I comply fully I think.
I have broken the rules three times though out the pandemic. Each time limited to seeing my sister and her husband. I haven't broken any "lockdowns". But in the months between lockdowns I have flexed them somewhat when I have found myself getting really low, but have taken sensible precautions either side of those "flexes"

(03-11-2021, 02:39 PM)Swagbaggie Wrote: I have to drive 25 miles to deliver shopping to my Mum who lives in an extra care independent unit set up, once every 2 weeks but I don't even get to see her. I have to leave it in reception and they deliver it to her flat. I'm not sure if that is a breach or not but I am the only one to do it. Apart from that I comply fully I think.

I managed an extra care scheme in Bury for 18 months during some building rectification works. Bane of my life it was, all the residents are nutters!  Dodgy
95% stuck to it. I've worked throughout so sometimes get a bit complacent. I do a lot of walking, 10ish miles maybe, so I probably could get pulled on that. I've also seen family outdoors at a safe distance. It ain't perfect but everything is a judgement call and I'm confident I've done my bit.
TBC, I'd say most are making the effort.
Pretty much stuck to it. Been WFH all through. Not been in another house since last March. Had 2 cups of tea in my moms back garden since 2nd lockdown, whilst she sat in the conservatory. Go out once a week and get a drive-thru coffee before the weekly shop. Occasional walk along the canal or in Sandwell Valley.