Those thinking we'll struggle in the Championship
There's a reason the cone chucker was glugging wine at a rate of knots while we did our best to not be promoted while playing QPR:

"Exclusive: EFL urged to 'wage war' on the Premier League as clubs warn half of the Championship is on the brink of collapse"

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/202...p-remains/

It's a Perce article, so well-informed and if reasonably well-run clubs like Cardiff and Millwall are worried, things must be really bad. We'll be better off than most, for now at least...
I mentioned this a week or two ago and think many need to take a deep breath and realise this rubbish season is a godsend compared with what we might have faced.
Next season we will be incredibly strong in the Championship as we have been in all the relegations of the last 20 years.
It was imperative that we got up for the parachute payment regardless of the calamity on the pitch this year has been.
(03-08-2021, 09:30 PM)Squid Wrote: There's a reason the cone chucker was glugging wine at a rate of knots while we did our best to not be promoted while playing QPR:

"Exclusive: EFL urged to 'wage war' on the Premier League as clubs warn half of the Championship is on the brink of collapse"

It's a Perce article, so well-informed and if reasonably well-run clubs like Cardiff and Millwall are worried, things must be really bad. We'll be better off than most, for now at least...

Can’t we go back to saying that we got promoted too early and we were only halfway through our Bilic project? Presumably the project was to see us lose all our best players and languish in the Championship or worse for a decade.
(03-08-2021, 09:55 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(03-08-2021, 09:30 PM)Squid Wrote: There's a reason the cone chucker was glugging wine at a rate of knots while we did our best to not be promoted while playing QPR:

Can’t we go back to saying that we got promoted too early and we were only halfway through our Bilic project? Presumably the project was to see us lose all our best players and languish in the Championship or worse for a decade.

'projects'

Lol!
(03-08-2021, 09:55 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

That was the Ron Saunders project.
For me, I'm not worried at all about the Championship.

We'll have money, we've got some decent players for that level, we've a lot of experience at that level... I'd expect us to be top six.

And, even if we do finish mid-table, I enjoy that league much more than the PL. Just hope they dont bring VAR in!
(03-08-2021, 10:15 PM)Baggy Bruin Wrote: For me, I'm not worried at all about the Championship.

We'll have money, we've got some decent players for that level, we've a lot of experience at that level...  I'd expect us to be top six.

And, even if we do finish mid-table, I enjoy that league much more than the PL. Just hope they dont bring VAR in!

After the shittest year since 1945, we should see a decent crowd too.  

Looking forward to seeing the Hawthorns full in August and tonking someone.
(03-08-2021, 10:31 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(03-08-2021, 10:15 PM)Baggy Bruin Wrote: For me, I'm not worried at all about the Championship.

We'll have money, we've got some decent players for that level, we've a lot of experience at that level...  I'd expect us to be top six.

You reckon!?
(03-08-2021, 10:36 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:

You reckon!?

If it is, it’ll be empty again by September (lockdown - the next chapter!)
(03-08-2021, 10:46 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote:
(03-08-2021, 10:36 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:

You reckon!?

If it is, it’ll be empty again by September (lockdown - the next chapter!)

Can't see full crowds in August sadly.