Gallagher
(04-12-2021, 09:12 PM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote: Weird thread it may be - but I get what's being said. Gallagher has been our stand-out midfield player (when mostly playing alongside Sawyers and Livermore) until Okay turned up. There was no reason to drop him. He couldn't play against Chelsea, then a series of injuries meant that Robinson was given a run-out. He took his chance and has built on that today.

One question is - Gallagher or Maitland-Niles to start? Right now it has to be AMN.

The other question is - why did Robinson sit on the bench watching us lose winnable matches? Only Sam Allardyce knows why he didn't even try Callum out when others were failing so badly.

I get sending on HRK when trying to hold a lead but not for an outlet to potentially get a shot away on goal. Oh well, at least Robinson has taken his chance.
(04-12-2021, 09:13 PM)wbamitch Wrote: Gallagher is an excellent prospect and for the majority of the first half of the season he and SJ were the only ones to come out with any credit. Not that we’d stand any chance, but we should absolutely be signing him if we can.

I’d add Townsend to that list.
(04-12-2021, 09:14 PM)Fido Wrote:
(04-12-2021, 09:12 PM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote: Weird thread it may be - but I get what's being said. Gallagher has been our stand-out midfield player (when mostly playing alongside Sawyers and Livermore) until Okay turned up. There was no reason to drop him. He couldn't play against Chelsea, then a series of injuries meant that Robinson was given a run-out. He took his chance and has built on that today.

One question is - Gallagher or Maitland-Niles to start? Right now it has to be AMN.

The other question is - why did Robinson sit on the bench watching us lose winnable matches? Only Sam Allardyce knows why he didn't even try Callum out when others were failing so badly.

I get sending on HRK when trying to hold a lead but not for an outlet to potentially get a shot away on goal. Oh well, at least Robinson has taken his chance.

Totally agree. 

CR had a few niggling injuries and Covid issues in the first few weeks of SAs reign. Brilliant at Wolves, in fairness he also had sporadic struggles on the training ground in the weeks after that too. 

Just surprised he’s had so little game time in the last 2 months - even as a sub