Biden
(02-27-2021, 08:43 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: I'm just amazed Trump didn't nuke anyone. The guy was nuts and only wanted the presidency as an ego trip.
Thank fuck he's skulked off.

I take it you didn't watch him last night then?

Stone me.
(03-01-2021, 09:17 AM)Protheroe Wrote:
(02-27-2021, 08:43 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: I'm just amazed Trump didn't nuke anyone. The guy was nuts and only wanted the presidency as an ego trip.

Stone me.

No Proth. What's the upshot from your perspective?
2024 is going to be interesting: Biden will be 82, will he really run for a second term? And if not Biden, then who? I'm not sure Kamala Harris would secure the nomination if Biden decided to step down after one term.

Trump will be 78 and you'd have to wonder how long he can be sustained in an upright position by burgers, coke and I'm guessing adrenaline must be playing a part as well. It will be interesting to see what kind of coverage Fox decide to give Trump going forward.
(03-01-2021, 10:10 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:

Stone me.

He said he's standing in 2024
(03-01-2021, 01:17 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:

Stone me.

Literally or figuratively?
(03-01-2021, 03:56 PM)DemonicBaggie Wrote:
(03-01-2021, 01:17 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:

Stone me.

Literally or figuratively?

Figuratively, given how far he leans forward to hide his gut I imagine he'll be on all 4s by 2024.

Stone me.

The upshot is I like a joke as much as the next person, but this guy is truly dangerous. I'd like to think it's all hot air, but I'm terrified it's not.

The Republican Party needs to walk away from Trump immediately and the FBI needs to dig enough dirt on him over the next couple of years that it's impossible for him to make a comeback ever.
(03-01-2021, 04:55 PM)Protheroe Wrote:

Stone me.

The upshot is I like a joke as much as the next person, but this guy is truly dangerous. I'd like to think it's all hot air, but I'm terrified it's not.

The Republican Party needs to walk away from Trump immediately and the FBI needs to dig enough dirt on him over the next couple of years that it's impossible for him to make a comeback ever.

I can't see him standing in 24. For one he's hated too much within the party, by half of them, and also there'll be shite galore dug on him now to ensure it doesn't happen. I think he will be told to zip his gob or end up behind bars.
(03-01-2021, 10:24 AM)Ossian Wrote: 2024 is going to be interesting: Biden will be 82, will he really run for a second term? And if not Biden, then who? I'm not sure Kamala Harris would secure the nomination if Biden decided to step down after one term.

Trump will be 78 and you'd have to wonder how long he can be sustained in an upright position by burgers, coke and I'm guessing adrenaline must be playing a part as well. It will be interesting to see what kind of coverage Fox decide to give Trump going forward.

You are right 2024 will be interesting .

On one hand would the Republican Party really run Trump as their presidential candidate again. Remember he has only ever won 47% of the vote in the presidential elections he has run in, not usually enough to win what is effectively a two horse race. And there is enough evidence to suggest that what unites a majority of Americans is a deep loathing of him, very significant when you consider that the Democratic Party is broad and somewhat divided church.

But on the other hand the Republican Party seems in thrall to him. The events of the last 3 months have surely been its opportunity to rid themselves of a man who brings their party into disrepute and isn't really very Republican. Senior Republicans like Mitch McConnell have de coupled themselves from Trump, but the grassroots seems to be clinging to him limpet style.

Suspect the upshot will be a significant minority of Republicans leaving the party to become Independents or even Democrats. Making it more difficult for Trump to become president, but simultaneously making it more difficult for a candidate such as AOC getting a shot at running for the presidency from the Democratic side.

Good news for centrist dad i suppose.