2 years ago this weekend
(02-12-2021, 10:52 PM)CA Baggie Wrote: That train bounced back to New Street and back in The Shakespeare fir just after 5.

“Mind the gap...”

Hindsight eh.  It was a better day than the play off.

We were so comfortable at 0-1 in that play off game.

Hourihane’s rocket changed the whole balance of the game. Then the penalty against and the penalty that wasn’t given. Holgate was fucking launched.

Horrible being in the stand that day and a horrible journey back through Brum. The images of Gayle sat on the steps watching the final moments, knowing he’d kicked his final ball that season and maybe his final kick ever for us, live in the memory.
(02-12-2021, 11:32 PM)Dumbo Wrote:
(02-12-2021, 10:52 PM)CA Baggie Wrote: That train bounced back to New Street and back in The Shakespeare fir just after 5.

“Mind the gap...”

Hourihane’s rocket changed the whole balance of the game. Then the penalty against and the penalty that wasn’t given. Holgate was fucking launched.

Horrible being in the stand that day and a horrible journey back through Brum. The images of Gayle sat on the steps watching the final moments, knowing he’d kicked his final ball that season and maybe his final kick ever for us, live in the memory.

Perhaps he'll be back!
(02-12-2021, 11:35 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:

“Mind the gap...”

Perhaps he'll be back!

Hope so.

On a free at the end of the season.
Every time I see the twats now doing so well I think back to that day and how it felt , it looked like we were going up under Big Dave and they had years of doom in the championship , if Sealish had of been out for a few more games they would have been fucked
I was in one of the boxes in the Trinity Road with my lad. Nearly got lynched when we celebrated the second a bit too vociferously! Great day. I think Villa realistically needed to win something like 12 of their last 14 games to get in the play offs - and they did. Can’t argue with that form. Though the semi-final obvs a different story.

“Mind the gap...”

Graham Scott has a lot to answer for. Tbf we were stood there saying get Gayle off, you could see it coming.

The Greasy fucker did what he does, kicked out his leg looking for a defender to touch but how we didn’t get a penalty is unexplainable.

The 2-0 did feel like we’d found our way and we were leaving them in the championship and financial ruin.  

They do to us what we do to Wolves.
滚开赖
CA Baggie Wrote:
Dumbo Wrote:
CA Baggie Wrote:That train bounced back to New Street and back in The Shakespeare fir just after 5.

“Mind the gap...”

Graham Scott has a lot to answer for. Tbf we were stood there saying get Gayle off, you could see it coming.

The Greasy fucker did what he does, kicked out his leg looking for a defender to touch
but how we didn’t get a penalty is unexplainable.

The 2-0 did feel like we’d found our way and we were leaving them in the championship and financial ruin.  

They do to us what we do to Wolves.
As I remember their pen was as a result of that wanker, Scott, giving yet another foul for a nothing challenge by Gibbs, resulting in Gibbs losing his head and diving in on Slippy 2 minutes later. Grealish couldn't believe his luck when he saw Gibbs sliding towards him in the penalty area and was off the ground in an instant. As the thread said earlier, we were so comfortable at 1-0. That Holgate penalty incident was when I felt that sick feeling we were being cheated.
The 2-0 at VP. We watched it at The Hawthorns screening then went for a drink in The Bartons, Aston (as you would!). Villa fans in the pub that day were split 50-50 whether to sack Smith as they were going nowhere or keep him a while, as they were going nowhere.
I wouldn't mind them half as much if they just acknowledged how jammy they are.
HWB Junior has just texted to remind me that it was indeed 2 years ago today.

I texted him back a picture of the Balti pie that hit me on the head after being launched from the top tier when our second went in just before half time.

If it was any of you lot-shame on you.

A great day, but if anything the semi at their shithole was even better for the literally epic support.   I couldn't speak properly by the time the 2nd leg came round.