Poll: Next manager
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Craig Shakespeare
13.33%
6 13.33%
Cooke /Appleton
86.67%
39 86.67%
Total 45 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

New manager
Heaven help the club if some our fans were put in charge. We would be on our 3rd manager by now, or even more, if Paul Cook, Appleton,Brunt/ Morrison & Pearson and not worked out the WBA conundrum.
Big Grin
I like Paul Cook. Mark Robins is also a good shout. Gets the best out of players. He's done a great job at Cov without a pot to piss in, no ground etc. Plus he's used to working for owners who don't give a shit.
(02-10-2021, 10:43 AM)MrFizz Wrote: I like Paul Cook. Mark Robins is also a good shout. Gets the best out of players. He's done a great job at Cov without a pot to piss in, no ground etc. Plus he's used to working for owners who don't give a shit.

I like Cook a lot too. Given the division were we are heading, and the fact that he's out of work I think he will tick a lot of boxes.

Appy I'd like but we will have to pay Compo unless he has some release clause inserted when we let him join them. Robins I hadn't ever considered but he has done a very solid job at Cov which is an absolute basket case of a club and would obviously have that synergy with Stevens in the academy which might be appealing to Dowling and Co.
(02-10-2021, 10:50 AM)Peachy Wrote:
(02-10-2021, 10:43 AM)MrFizz Wrote: I like Paul Cook. Mark Robins is also a good shout. Gets the best out of players. He's done a great job at Cov without a pot to piss in, no ground etc. Plus he's used to working for owners who don't give a shit.

I like Cook a lot too. Given the division were we are heading, and the fact that he's out of work I think he will tick a lot of boxes.

Appy I'd like but we will have to pay Compo unless he has some release clause inserted when we let him join them. Robins I hadn't ever considered but he has done a very solid job at Cov which is an absolute basket case of a club and would obviously have that synergy with Stevens in the academy which might be appealing to Dowling and Co.

Cook has a track record of delivering when the expectations of a club are promotion. He's done it in L2 a couple of times and in L1. He's also worked in very difficult circumstances and maintained his dignity. Without a doubt he has to be under consideration.

Robins has done a very good job at Cov, but his career is a little chequered. He seems to struggle when there are expectations.

I think we have to be a little more positive about the job in hand. We are far from a basket case of a club, we just have an owner who wants to sell.  Next season we will still have one of the healthiest budgets in the division, a very strong playing staff and a youth system which is generating players for the first team. We own our own ground, we have no known debt and will be in a position to be very competitive. We've also failed to finish outside the top 6 in the Championship for the last 20 years.

We need a manager who can come in and deliver promotion with a healthy budget and strong playing squad. We're far from a crisis club.
(02-10-2021, 11:02 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(02-10-2021, 10:50 AM)Peachy Wrote:

Cook has a track record of delivering when the expectations of a club are promotion. He's done it in L2 a couple of times and in L1. He's also worked in very difficult circumstances and maintained his dignity. Without a doubt he has to be under consideration.

Robins has done a very good job at Cov, but his career is a little chequered. He seems to struggle when there are expectations.

I think we have to be a little more positive about the job in hand. We are far from a basket case of a club, we just have an owner who wants to sell.  Next season we will still have one of the healthiest budgets in the division, a very strong playing staff and a youth system which is generating players for the first team. We own our own ground, we have no known debt and will be in a position to be very competitive. We've also failed to finish in the top 6 in the Championship for the last 20 years.

We need a manager who can come in and deliver promotion with a healthy budget and strong playing squad. We're far from a crisis club.

This.

Any of the managers mentioned would jump at the chance.
If the club just put out an advert for `First Team Coach / Manager`, I wonder who would apply? The ones mentioned, Cook, Robins, McInnes etc. But also some European or South American ones too. After all, Bilic did.

Me too - is he still in The Sex Pistols?

Very useful strings to the bow for managing at our place.
Very difficult to answer a poll where there are two options other than yes/no. One option has two people and I don’t want any of the 3. Would love to see Derek Mcinnes in charge.
(02-08-2021, 08:50 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote:
(02-08-2021, 08:24 PM)keef Wrote:
(02-08-2021, 08:11 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote: I don’t know whether to vote for Cook or Appy.

of course you don't youre a amateur football fan like me and everyone else on this board
we no fuck all so lets stop pretending we do

Too true. Wheres the option for Rio Ferdinando? He speaks really well on the telly.

So does Huw Edwards. Should we get him in as well?