Poll: Next manager
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Craig Shakespeare
13.33%
6 13.33%
Cooke /Appleton
86.67%
39 86.67%
Total 45 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

New manager
I don't get the Eddie Howe lovefest. Spent a load of money, had cheats diving all over the pitch and gets homesick when they play away.
I also don't understand why BFS won't stay if we drop? I reckon he'll take a wage for as long as we offer him one. He's been unemployed long enough.
I really hope that someone, somewhere behind those Astle gates, has a list of suitable candidates for when we are ready to appoint a new manager but right now I'm looking forward to seeing us play with a midfield for the first time this season.
Well I'm with Lurker and I'd try and get Eddie Howe. I certainly don't see a lovefest for him on here.
Good balance between footballing style and solid players in his Bournemouth team.
Someone made the comment about 'fit' and that would be my one nagging doubt. I'd would probably have had the same doubt about Slaven before he was appointed.
(02-09-2021, 11:19 AM)Pragmatist Wrote:
(02-09-2021, 07:30 AM)Lurker#3 Wrote: Eddie Howe would be the ideal for me. But doubt he would touch us with a barge pole.

Then you have the usual pair of McInnes and Appleton, both have shown they are finally ready.

Then you have the unfinished business club; Steve Clarke and Big Dave.

We all know however it will be somebody none of us expected.

In what parallel universe is McInnes “ready”?

Took over Aberdeen in 2013. 

11/12 - 9th
12/13 - 8th

13/14 - 3rd
14/15, 15/16, 16/17, 17/18 - 2nd
18/19 - 4th
19/20 - 4th
20/21 - 5th so far, in a very peculiar season, especially with Jimmy Krankies rules. 

I would say the dramatic upturn in their finishes, and the level of experience gained stand him in good stead.
Let's get Pepe Mel back, his daughter is lovely.
(02-09-2021, 12:33 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: I don't get the Eddie Howe lovefest. Spent a load of money, had cheats diving all over the pitch and gets homesick when they play away.
I also don't understand why BFS won't stay if we drop? I reckon he'll take a wage for as long as we offer him one. He's been unemployed long enough.
I really hope that someone, somewhere behind those Astle gates, has a list of suitable candidates for when we are ready to appoint a new manager but right now I'm looking forward to seeing us play with a midfield for the first time this season.

I agree. Must admit I'm shocked at how many think BFS will definitely be gone.

In his first press conference, they asked him about his record of never getting relegated. His answer was something like he'd be hurt if it happened but would feel much better if he brought us back up. That suggests that he is certainly open to it. He ain't getting another prem job! Of course, all this depends if Albion get rid of him.

I'm not saying he'll stay, but I think there's a reasonable chance.
(02-09-2021, 01:06 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote:
(02-09-2021, 12:33 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: I don't get the Eddie Howe lovefest. Spent a load of money, had cheats diving all over the pitch and gets homesick when they play away.

In his first press conference, they asked him about his record of never getting relegated. His answer was something like he'd be hurt if it happened but would feel much better if he brought us back up. That suggests that he is certainly open to it. He ain't getting another prem job! Of course, all this depends if Albion get rid of him.

I fail to see how he keeps his job if he takes us down with a whimper. We were 2 points from safety when he arrived and we have been abysmal so far. 

If we settle down and start winning games and looking like a side that wants to play then fair enough take that into next season. If however we continue this regression for the next 4 or 5 games he simply has to go.

The precedent has been set with Pardews sacking.

I can also say with some certainly that if fans were in the stadiums Big Sam would have been getting dogs abuse for the past 3 or 4 weeks and the pressure on him, and in turn the board, would be huge.
(02-09-2021, 01:14 PM)Peachy Wrote:
(02-09-2021, 01:06 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote:

I fail to see how he keeps his job if he takes us down with a whimper. We were 2 points from safety when he arrived and we have been abysmal so far. 

If we settle down and start winning games and looking like a side that wants to play then fair enough take that into next season. If however we continue this regression for the next 4 or 5 games he simply has to go.

The precedent has been set with Pardews sacking.

I can also say with some certainly that if fans were in the stadiums Big Sam would have been getting dogs abuse for the past 3 or 4 weeks and the pressure on him, and in turn the board, would be huge.

Yes I agree if we barely win a game he has to go. I meant more that there's been a complete assumption from many that he'll definitely not be here if we're in the champ.
(02-09-2021, 12:58 PM)Lurker#3 Wrote:
(02-09-2021, 07:30 AM)Lurker#3 Wrote: Eddie Howe would be the ideal for me. But doubt he would touch us with a barge pole.

Then you have the usual pair of McInnes and Appleton, both have shown they are finally ready.

11/12 - 9th
12/13 - 8th

13/14 - 3rd
18/19 - 4th
19/20 - 4th
20/21 - 5th so far, in a very peculiar season, especially with Jimmy Krankies rules. 

I would say the dramatic upturn in their finishes, and the level of experience gained stand him in good stead.

While I applaud the statistics, there is one issue:

This is Scottish football. Aberdeen are the 5th biggest club in Scotland and they're planning on reducing their seating capacity to 15,000 "to improve the atmosphere". Jack Fitzwater is a regular starter for an SPL team.

I have also heard that his football is of the more agricultural variety and Albion fans have little patience with that. That's an issue, because we really need to have patience with whoever we bring in next.

Unfortunately, we seem to have a habit of making managers lose the plot.
(02-09-2021, 02:23 PM)Squid Wrote:
(02-09-2021, 12:58 PM)Lurker#3 Wrote:

11/12 - 9th
12/13 - 8th

13/14 - 3rd
18/19 - 4th
19/20 - 4th

While I applaud the statistics, there is one issue:

This is Scottish football. Aberdeen are the 5th biggest club in Scotland and they're planning on reducing their seating capacity to 15,000 "to improve the atmosphere". Jack Fitzwater is a regular starter for an SPL team.

I have also heard that his football is of the more agricultural variety and Albion fans have little patience with that. That's an issue, because we really need to have patience with whoever we bring in next.

Unfortunately, we seem to have a habit of making managers lose the plot.

I do agree with the facts presented, but he took them over as an under achieving club and made them perform  by and large above their station. And even now he is bang on the money, but is under pressure. 
Also regarding Scotland. They have produced more than their fair share of coaching talent over the years.

I am not sure we, are a fan base that really require a purist, visionary. But we do want a coach and team to get behind and be proud of. 
When ever I have seen Aberdeen, the defend well  are aggressive  always look fit, and play forward quickly and get players into the box. That works for me.
Paul Cook for me. Would be just what we need.