Midfield 3 - the new boys
. .Johnstone
Townsend Ajayi Bartley Furlong
Gallagher Okay AMN
Robinson Diagne Pereira

With Pereira given license to come inside and move to a 4-3-1-2

Leaves Furlong a little exposed, but with Okay and AMN the latter should be able to cover this dropping back when Furlong is pressing forward. When he's out of the team we do miss his ability to support, cross and carry the ball at pace.

If Yokuslu impresses, he's a good age and should be someone we look to sign. As promising as Diagne looks, if we drop and get back up he'll be in his 30s, so not the wisest of investments given he'll command a fee and big wages (see C.Austin)

Robinson and Grant will score goals in the Champ next year, so would rather we invested in a younger striker.

(Can't see Sam doing this as it would involve dropping Snodgrass... )
(02-08-2021, 11:56 AM)Lightnin Wrote: Snodgrass has to play every week. He looks like the only one in midfield that knows what to do with the ball. Thought Peltier did ok too.

We've got to start going for teams.

Johnstone
Peltier, Ajayi, Bartley, Townsend
Okay, Gallagher
AMN, Pereira, Snodgrass
Diagne

Snodders legs have gone
(02-08-2021, 01:33 PM)albion_pigeon Wrote:
(02-08-2021, 11:56 AM)Lightnin Wrote: Snodgrass has to play every week. He looks like the only one in midfield that knows what to do with the ball. Thought Peltier did ok too.

Johnstone
Okay, Gallagher
AMN, Pereira, Snodgrass
Diagne

Snodders legs have gone

Where? Don't they know we're in a lockdown?
I think Gallagher needs a bit of a break. he's good, but he's young and shouldn't be used in every single game. I think we need to see what the new guys plus Snodgrass and pereira can do in the various midfield positions
(02-08-2021, 01:17 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: .              .Johnstone
Townsend Ajayi Bartley Furlong
  Gallagher    Okay    AMN
  Robinson  Diagne  Pereira

With Pereira given license to come inside and move to a 4-3-1-2

Leaves Furlong a little exposed, but with Okay and AMN the latter should be able to cover this dropping back when Furlong is pressing forward. When he's out of the team we do miss his ability to support, cross and carry the ball at pace.

If Yokuslu impresses, he's a good age and should be someone we look to sign. As promising as Diagne looks, if we drop and get back up he'll be in his 30s, so not the wisest of investments given he'll command a fee and big wages (see C.Austin)

Robinson and Grant will score goals in the Champ next year, so would rather we invested in a younger striker.

(Can't see Sam doing this as it would involve dropping Snodgrass... )

I presume you mean Furlong as RB and Townsend as LB. But they way you wrote it got me thinking whether Gibbs or Townsend could do a job at RB the way Ferguson did a job at LB last season.
albion_pigeon Wrote:
Lightnin Wrote:Snodgrass has to play every week. He looks like the only one in midfield that knows what to do with the ball. Thought Peltier did ok too.

Johnstone
Okay, Gallagher
AMN, Pereira, Snodgrass
Diagne

Snodders legs have gone
Can't agree Pigeon. Snodgrass, Periera and Sam J are the 1st names on the teamsheet for me.