The most boring 25 minutes of football I've ever seen
(02-07-2021, 05:55 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: Salah got a touch on the forearm and lost the use of his legs?
Yes but sadly if he hadn't fallen over he wouldn't have got the pen.
That's a referee issue. Like a lot of VAR "decisions" which they chicken out of.
Shabby Russian Wrote:Alison has just had 5 mins of his career he could have done without.

It's because he is cold, apparently.
(02-07-2021, 05:48 PM)Duffers Wrote: I’ve got under 3 goals, under 10 corners and Fabhino to be carded so a shit match suits me.

Apologies
(02-07-2021, 05:55 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote:
(02-07-2021, 04:59 PM)oldun Wrote:
(02-07-2021, 04:54 PM)Sliced Wrote: No, not us, Liverpool v Man City so far.

1 tame shot off target, otherwise literally nothing else has happened.

3 fouls too. 1 every 8 minutes. No corners, absolutely nothing

Look forward  to proper matches in the Chump

Problem is the chump will only be appealing while we have prem money and are competing at the top and only stopping in it for a couple if seasons, if we fail to go up while receiving parachute payments and the money runs out the view from alot of fans of being happy in the chump will change dramatically I think..there seems to be an overwhelming mind set on here that we will bounce back up with ease in a season or two that's a very dangerous assumption as no matter how much money or good your squad is there are no gaurentees, the chump and league 1 are full of ex prem sides who thought that. Not being defeatest just a realist and a word of caution to all those who think the chump is going to be a walk in the park, this is Albion remember.

The Championship is better, not because of our status in it, but because it is a vastly superior sporting competition, where few matches are foregone conclusions and the gap between the haves and have not in general, is not so vast. Money helps in the Championship, of course, it does, but plenty of teams (Stoke being a prime example) have spent poorly with little success there, while others have grafted to success.
(02-07-2021, 06:26 PM)Squid Wrote:
(02-07-2021, 05:55 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote:
(02-07-2021, 04:59 PM)oldun Wrote:
(02-07-2021, 04:54 PM)Sliced Wrote: No, not us, Liverpool v Man City so far.

1 tame shot off target, otherwise literally nothing else has happened.

3 fouls too. 1 every 8 minutes. No corners, absolutely nothing

Look forward  to proper matches in the Chump

Problem is the chump will only be appealing while we have prem money and are competing at the top and only stopping in it for a couple if seasons, if we fail to go up while receiving parachute payments and the money runs out the view from alot of fans of being happy in the chump will change dramatically I think..there seems to be an overwhelming mind set on here that we will bounce back up with ease in a season or two that's a very dangerous assumption as no matter how much money or good your squad is there are no gaurentees, the chump and league 1 are full of ex prem sides who thought that. Not being defeatest just a realist and a word of caution to all those who think the chump is going to be a walk in the park, this is Albion remember.

The Championship is better, not because of our status in it, but because it is a vastly superior sporting competition, where few matches are foregone conclusions and the gap between the haves and have not in general, is not so vast. Money helps in the Championship, of course, it does, but plenty of teams (Stoke being a prime example) have spent poorly with little success there, while others have grafted to success.

Don't get me wrong irs a far more level aying field in the chump in personally enjoyed our time there not just because we were on with a chance of promotion but the fact you'd turn up at he ground on match days with the anticipation of seeing us score a few goals and maybe win instead of hoping we don't get mullered and embarrass ourselves again, it took me back to the 70's with the atmosphere when football was a simple game, the prem is just a media circus for the benefit of the big boys and TV companies and no one else.