6pm clap tonight for Sir Tom
Nowt like short notice to make it a non event, but I will clap for him at 6pm tonight.  RIP Tom

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-be...s-55917475
I'll be giving it large in town.

RIP Capt Sir Tom
Anyone else find this a bit OTT, or is it just me?

<awaits stick>
(02-03-2021, 04:48 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote: Anyone else find this a bit OTT, or is it just me?

<awaits stick>

No, I do too.

A great man who achieved so much throughout his life, but I won’t be taking part, it feels forced and unnecessary.
(02-03-2021, 04:48 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote: Anyone else find this a bit OTT, or is it just me?

<awaits stick>

Clapping for people who are paid to do the job they signed up for was a bit OTT if you ask me.

I will pay my respects by clapping for him to tonight.
I pay my respects in the classic British way... by saying nice things about him on the internet.
(02-03-2021, 04:57 PM)Duffers Wrote: I pay my respects in the classic British way... by saying nice things about him on the internet.

Lean out of your window ya miserable bugger and pay the man the respect he deserves 

Fat cunting Sam who is paid £££ doesn’t deserve the time of day on here and yet is talked about endlessly. 

Anyhow, I will applaud him at 6pm
(02-03-2021, 05:01 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(02-03-2021, 04:57 PM)Duffers Wrote: I pay my respects in the classic British way... by saying nice things about him on the internet.

Lean out of your window ya miserable bugger and pay the man the respect he deserves 

Fat cunting Sam who is paid £££ doesn’t deserve the time of day on here and yet is talked about endlessly. 

Anyhow, I will applaud him at 6pm

Arf. Brilliant.
(02-03-2021, 04:31 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: Nowt like short notice to make it a non event, but I will clap for him at 6pm tonight.  RIP Tom

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-be...s-55917475

Could we have a 6pm boo for Fat Sam on Thursday?

<awaits stick>

Yep.
I had lots of time for the guy, and feel for his friends and family, but find the whole reaction a bit much.
Front page of every newspaper?
Without getting too political it is a great "deflection" story when there are serious questions to be asked by journalists.
Also, I wonder how many of those who are broken-hearted by his passing actually give a stuff about the NHS based on their voting history.